The Diesel Stop banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm keeping mine. I've got 264K on her now and she's burning zero oil. When she hits 500K If she needs I'll have the motor and the tranny rebuilt but, only if she needs it. At the rate she is going I might get a million miles out of herbe for she get a rebuild. However, I'm sure the tranny will have to be rebuilt long before the motor.

·
Registered
352 Posts
You can have my OBS when you pry it out of my cold, dead hands! LOL

·
Registered
32 Posts
yep sure am 178k on it and still motoring. gonna do some bodywork and paint work in the near future and make it look just awesome. smoke grey and black should look sweet

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Well I bought mine new in 97, and love it I did not even start modifying till 100,000 miles. I love the way it runs and the fact I can do all my own work on it and enjoy maintaining and upgrading her
Pulls my trailer like a champ, Just ask her what you want and away she goes!
All my trucks have been F-250’s and this one is the best!
Cant see any reason to spend 50-60,000 on a new truck that when you open the hood you can’t even see the engine do to al the crap on top, let alone work on.

So at 266,000 I’ll keep the old gal!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just turned 336K!

the old girl sure has grown on me.....we've been together a long time, since she was a cab-and-chassy, ordered up special. 336,000 miles and climbing!

·
Registered
81 Posts
262k only a fews dinks & dings. a drop of oil here, odd rattle there, clugging about just fine! getting ready for a spot or 2 of body work and flatbed it!

·
Registered
473 Posts
I've had electronic rustproofing since day one in 1996 and the body is mint, even in salty Rochester NY. at the rate I drive (5k per yr), I'll be run into the ground long before the truck.. This summer, the strokers gettin all the TLC it never got, I've always run krap oil and did minimal maint. still runs like a bear!! have only done, glow plugs once, a water pump and a drag link/tie rods,etc. oh and a set of tires, 2 sets of batteries. I guess not much compares to the OBS..:ford:

81 - 88 of 88 Posts