The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard for a machine shop that they stopped using ARP years ago. Reason being quality of studs and bolts they received. They buy in bulk when they got them they noticed they weren't right they came out of China made in China. He found this out when trying to reach customer service about the shipment. He said only way he got a call back was to stop payment on the check. That's when they found out that the studs an bolt that are supposed to be made in the us are out sourced to China. To keep uip with demand and cut cost. So he set it all back to them stopped buying ARP. He told me they have all there studs and bolts made here in the us, he didn't say where just it's a small outfit with goid stuff I do know the build engines for sled puller and industrial diesels engines over 5,000Hp so guess they have good stuff. Waiting on a call back about getting studs made for my truck. I used ARP back when I built gaskets for the strip upwards to about 2,500 HP never have a problem. But last few years I've been hearing about busted studs or threads pulling off so I don't know myself. If it's made in China I don't wanting if I have the choice.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
There are counterfeit products of all sorts coming out of China, so always buy from a dealer that you trust.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
ARP are US made and they are adamant about it and proud of it. The machine shop has a crooked supplier selling them stuff SUPPOSED to be ARP but aren't.

There a ton of sellers on ebay with studs for 6.0 that have a listing that have "ARP" in it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think ARP studs say ARP on the ends of the studs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts