The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought a 2004 Ford excursion from AZ. I live in Michigan. I flew there and drove it 2129 miles back home. No problems. EGR delete, Edge Attitude juice tuner, Bulletproofed, and it ran amazing the entire trip. Once I got home I had to jump it twice to get it running. Then I ran out to do some errands, didn’t shut the truck off until we stopped for dinner. Hour later we came outside and it wouldn’t start. Had to have it towed home. I replaced the alternator, the FICM, this FICM relay, the IPR, the batteries, fuel filter top and bottom, air filter, oil filter, added the 0ga battery wire upgrade, and an insight CTS3 monitor. It was giving me a oil temp reading of high but that was probably wiring cause the truck sat for two days and popped the code immediately. Now the truck turns over, fires for a second and dies immediately. If I let the truck sit overnight in the morning it’ll fire up for about 4-5 seconds and then die. No fault codes on the code reader. Cannot figure it out. Any help before I take it to a shop would be greatly appreciated.
Computer Computer monitor Personal computer Output device Peripheral

·
Registered
8 Posts
PCM going bad. had same issue with my 2002 f250 7.3L diesel. Also clean or change the CPS and the IPR. These have been issues with trucks with a ton of miles. Both easy to replace. be sure using diesel anti-gel in fuel and tank half full.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I did notice on the trip back that the ABS light would come on randomly and then go off again. I have no codes stored but the engine light is on. Also I replaced the HPOP with a new one and updated the ICP wiring to the new clip. The fuel pump doesn't kick on now even though it has power when the key is turned on. On the fuel pump the beige clip reads 11 volts when turned on and the black clip reads 4.5 but no fuel to the bowl up top. Before I tore the HPOP out it was getting fuel up top but it wasnt building oil pressure, replaced pump and now no fuel. Checked the fuse it was good, Checked the inertia switch it was good. Could it be a bad ground to the PCM? or do they just fail? If the PCM failed wouldn't my CTS3 monitor not have a information? I thought the Monitor read everything from the PCM. I dunno... I've had this truck two weeks now and its been in the garage for 9 days. Just about ready to throw in the towel and take it the dealer and suffer the cost

1 - 3 of 3 Posts