The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, looks like the stocker is finally about ready to retire. Hasn't run hot yet and isn't slipping, but got it serviced about a week ago and found about a 3" long piece of clutch in the pan w/ some metal shavings. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/phoney.gif

Odds are I'm going to be getting an ATS but was wondering about the converters. I know they have the regular triple lock and then they have the new 5 star. What are the differences in the two and which should I be using for my application (drag racing)? I know someone in another post said there's a bunch of slots in the 5 star. What are those for?

Guess I'll be able to do a BD/ATS converter comparison here shortly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Danny, Nate ans I were talking this morning and think you should call BD just for giggles and see if they might sponsor you a tranny. I mean come on... who else has done what you have done with a BD? If not, go with ATS.

Worth a try. Whats the worst they can say? No?

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, true. Something to consider. I may send 'em an e-mail.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I like my ATS and put 6 hard months pulling and drag racing it was flawless. I was told by the ATS guys that the 5 star will handle 2k torque compared to 1700 with the triple lock and the 5 star offers a much smoother lock due to the fluid.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Someone said the triple lock is no longer for sale, that ATS is only selling the 5 star now. I think I saw it in Hammer's thread about the PI converter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts