The Diesel Stop banner

Audio recording of 89 7.3 IDI (with straight pipe)

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  griffonhust 
#1 ·
Thanks for the help and advice on how to put audio files on my posts and sig. Please click on the "Listen to her run" button in my sig to hear what my pickup sounds like. The recording is quiet to start with but eventually gets louder. I recorded it with my MP3 player and held it inside the cab, under the hood, and by the exhaust (walking around with it). Please ignore the dog in the background (he's likes barking at loud things /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif). At the end of the recording, you will be able to hear what my straight pipe sounds like /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif! Let me know if she sounds normal, and if not please let me know what's or might be wrong. Thanks and enjoy!
P.S. The web service that runs my audio file is free and therefore does not work great. It checks the data transfer hourly and shuts down for one hour if the transfer has been exceeded. Please check back in one hour if the file is not working.

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Audio of my pickup.

Sorry it states site not available...............
EDIT
Works this morning maybe it was too tired last night.

#3 ·

Hmm. Your setting might not allow you to play it. It is in a Windows Audio Format. I just tried it and it works fine here (tried it on two computers too). You might try it again. EDIT. Glad it's working for you now. How does it sound?

#5 ·

LOL...Thanks for listening. The straight pipe sounds cool and it doesn't cost much either. Hey Mel if you are able to listen to this, let me know if my pickup sounds normal or not. Thanks!

#6 ·
Brett, sounds real good. Timing is right on. I thought the whole recording sounded very "Christine" like, if your familiar with the movie. The door chime and dog barking at the end adds a very sinister note to the whole thing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

#8 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Brett, sounds real good. Timing is right on. I thought the whole recording sounded very "Christine" like, if your familiar with the movie. The door chime and dog barking at the end adds a very sinister note to the whole thing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmnn, I see a vision of a block buster movie Mel in the Moose'
Riding the range. Rescuing cowgirls nursing there IDI body and soul back to life. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif Then riding his Mouse-tang Off in a great cloud of black smoke looking for more vixens, oh I meant to say victims./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/warmsmile.gifixens:

#9 ·
Mel is right. You should sell that recording to the movie industry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
On another note I bet the neighbours love you now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif

What did you use to record the sound?
Never mind I read the other posting. MP3 palyer used /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/warmsmile.gif

#10 ·
Mel Eastwood is Diesel Harry.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Something like that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

#12 ·
Aint no autolighter ever got between me and the Moose Truck! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.