The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:ford:Checked out the 2010 Diesel XL. Only option for a stick shift was with the gasser. When I tried to go diesel the stick was only available with the Gasser? Is that true? Can't get a stick shift with the Diesel Option? Truck came in at about $35,000 with bench seats and tow package.:icon_rolleyes: That is much$$$ for a work truck!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Call up Bobby Williams at Sunrise Ford (Fontana, CA). He's the man.

·
Super Moderator
18,870 Posts
2010 SuperDuty pickups were available with a manual ZF-6 tranny and a diesel engine. But it's too late to order one now, and for the 2011s that you can order a stick shift is not available at all, with any engine.

If you really want a stick shift with a diesel engine in a 2010 pickup, then maybe if you call Bobby Williams immediately he can locate one for you before they're all gone forever. But if you're choosy about other options, then forget it.
Sunrise Ford Fleet - Bobby Williams - (909) 822-4404

Very few Ford dealers will stock a stick shifter - because there is very little demand for them. So don't expect Bobby to do miricles and find you exactly what you're wanting. He'll be lucky to find any stick shifters at all. Maybe some stripper "fleet specials" with almost no options other than diesel engine.

If you were trying to "build and price" a 2010 on Ford's website
www.fordvehicles.com
then you have to build a 4x4 in order to get 6-speed manual with diesel engine. I just now "built" a 2010 XL CrewCab shorty 4x4 6.4L 6-speed F-350 SRW, no problem. But if I tried to change it back to 4x2 it said I'd also have to add the automagic tranny. So don't give up on that first screen where you choose engine and tranny. Choose diesel engine and let the tranny default to the automagic. Then go past the 4x2/4x4 choice, then change the tranny to 6-speed.

So that's a clue that you won't find any 4x2 6.4L with stick shift in stock, anywhere. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts