The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY TRUCKS COMMING UP ON 200K AND I KNOW IM GOING TO BE LOOKING FOR A TRANSMISSION IN THE NEAR FURTURE BEING THAT FROM EVERYTHING I READ SAYS THEY DONT USUALLY MAKE IT TO FAR AFTER 200K SO I WAS THINKING OF FINDING A USED ON AND REBUILDING ONE MY SELF POSSIBLE WITH ALL UPGRADED INTERNALS BUT THEN IN THE EVEN OF A POBLEM THE REPAIR IS ON ME SO I STARTED LOOKING AT ATS, BD AND LEVEL 10, LEVEL 10 IS PROB THE ONE I WILL GO WITH BEING THAT THEY HAVE A SHOP NO MORE THAN AN HOUR FROM ME, HOW EVER I GET SOME SERIOUSLY MIXED INFORMATION REGUARDING THEM EVERY THING I TRY TO READ REVERTS TO CARS AND SAYING THAT THEY ARE CRAP BUT I KNOW A FEW PEOPLE AROUND ME THAT SWEAR BY THEM SO ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED AND AS ALWAYS THIS SITE IS GREAT IVE ALWAYS GOT ALL THE INFORMATION I NEEDED FROM HERE JUST HAVING A HARD TIME FINDING WHAT IM LOOKIN FOR HERE.. BY THE WAY I PLAN ON DOING MANY MORE UPGRADES IN THE NEAR FUTURE SO I WANNA DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME THANKS AGAIN

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
If you are already having doubts, it seems it is time to move on. It is just too big an investment to be unsure about.

Folks have had the best experience with BTS and John Woods, but don't discount the Ford HD. Your original went 200k. Also, what ar you running for tranny temps now and how is your maintenance on your tranny. Have you replaced you torque converter (early trucks were known to "rattle".

Anyway - I yu have already answered yu own question regarding Level 10....if y wanna do it right the first time than get one of the two I mentioned earlier.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maintenance was always good changed the fluid every year along with filter and the trans temp when pulling are around 150*-175 and like 100*-120* empty and the trans still feels ok i just get some torque converter shutter when in lock up at lower speeds im more or less looking at see what other peoples first hand experiences have been with aftermarket transmission good and bad etc. and i agree with you 100% its a big investment and i guess if im second guessing it then i should most deff. move away from it, im probably going to change it next summer/spring unless.... i guess i just wanna be prepared for when it does go

·
Registered
10 Posts
NJ 99 Stroker - Where in NJ? I'm down in western monmouth / ocean county. We're both looking for the same thing. I'm reaching out to BTS later today to see if Brian has an installer in NJ, that would 'seal the deal' for me. Truck is now at 208k, still feels good, but - well like you said, i'm on borrowed time now.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just my 2 cents, but I think you will probably be ok for a while. Especially since you've kept up good maintenance intervals. I have 273K on mine right now, and the only upgrade I've done is the 6.0 cooler.

All that being said, I've already started saving for a new one. I plan on more power, so I know i'll need a new trans at some point.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in hamilton mercer not ocean, and I might be ok for 6 months a year or longer and there is no way to say but like he said its borrowed time and I drive pretty hard, and drive a lot 100k of that was put on in just the last 2 years, and let me know what you find on bts and thanks again guys

·
Registered
15 Posts
transmission replace

277, 893 on original transmission! time for a new one!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts