The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finnaly getting around to posting some of the mods I've done this summer.

Picture one shows the Truck-lite ID bar I installed in the location just above the license plate. Mounting couldn't be easier since the valance below the bed is pre-punched for this model. I wired the light bar into the parking light circuit in the fifth wheel/slide in harness plug located under the left rear of the bed.

Picture two shows the aux back-up lights installed and turned on. These are Blazer tractor work lights with a trapezoid beam pattern. They illuminate great to the rear and sides, with a sharp cut-off at the top of the pattern. There are existing holes in the rear bumper that they mount to. As I detailed in a upfitter wiring installation post awhile back, I've wired into the upfitter relay circuit both ahead and after the contact. By wiring in another relay piloted off of either the fifth wheel/slide in harness plug back-up light circuit, or the upfitter contact, these will come on when shifting into reverse, or by the upfitter switch.

Attachments

Reactions: HeavyAssault

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just had some dual 8" LED floods installed on an upfitter switch. I do believe they're brighter than any car's headlights I've ever seen.

They'll make boat backing a breeze. :)

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I just cut some LEDs into the bumper. Attached them to Upfitter switch. It was all of 30-45 minutes to do. Helps a lot in backing up to and hooking up trailers

Installed a 20" light bar in the front bumper area.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Painted,

How do you like your front lightbar? My older 250 has a pair of KC slimlights on it that really do a good job of lighting the road a long ways beyond the stock headlights. Due to my travels, it great to have that ability. My newer 250 has decent headlights, but I'd like to put something on for longer ranges, but I haven't found any decent material on the outputs of the leds. What are you finding?

tia

1 - 4 of 4 Posts