The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 350 DRW 4x4 with an axle code of F2. Axle ID 1C34 FA I have been looking for an axle assembly for what seems like forever and can't find one. Does anyone know what other model numbers work for this axle? 11.25 Rin gear, 4.10 ratio. Does the fitment change with the different axle ID'S?

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Dana 80 rear end. Here’s a copy of Torqueking Site for looking up parts from your tag information

·
Super Moderator
25,874 Posts
Hmm. Too many burnouts? ;)

·
Super Moderator
25,874 Posts
OH! Crossing painted crosswalks will make the tires slip, then grab when they get back to unpainted pavement. That would explain the snapped axle, but what do you think took out the bearings and spindle? Maybe the bearing seized and caused the axle damage?

I think you'll need to find an axle at a wrecking yard for the housing. Or maybe someone can weld a new/used spindle on your housing. I don't believe the housings are available as a replacement part. You just need to be sure it's the same ratio (4.10) and limited slip (indicated by the LS). I don't think you need to match the PN exactly. As long as the mounting points and the pinion yoke match, you should be good to go. Find one that came out of a truck configured similar to yours if you can.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
In Photo: the inner bearing inside race (still on the spindle) may not have spun, but wow, the outer bearing inside race had been spinning for some time and grinding away at the stepped shoulder....can’t believe it wasn’t growling and popping like crazy before damage occurred to the spindle. Hope you have some luck looking in junk yards, super duties are far and few in salvage yards around our area.

·
Super Moderator
25,874 Posts
Hope you have some luck looking in junk yards, super duties are far and few in salvage yards around our area.
I did a quick search for a dually axle up here and came up empty as well.
Nothing currently in the classified forums on here either.
You might post an ad in the Items Wanted Forum here on TheDieselStop.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Looked at complete axle housings, pretty pricey on eBay and no DRW. Just a thought - I Did a quick search at the same site (Torqueking) and came up with a bare axle housing for your truck but not sure what shipping would set you back, move your gears over, and buy an axle and parts for your hubs.

There are some Sites for company’s that do spindle repair / replacement but I’ll bet the bare housing and parts would be cheaper. Also, on another forum that came up with my search there was talk that some State DOT laws prohibit welded spindle repairs.... don’t know for sure- just passing along what I read. Good Luck👍

1 - 8 of 8 Posts