The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've really screwed the pooch this time. While removing the Fuel Pressure Sending Unit from the rear of the Fuel Bowl, I slipped, and my arm broke off the Back Pressure Solenoid Valve from the rear of the turbo pedestal. I've removed the bracket that holds it, with hopes of removing it, bonding it back together with some type of glue. New one's are over $200. The solenoid does not want to come out of the pedestal. Must it be pried out, or is there a procedure for pulling it out? Is it really needed? What is it's purpose?

·
Premium Member
14,443 Posts
It is not needed. It closes the back pressure valve when the outside temperature is freezing and you’re in park. Funny- I broke mine today as well. Pulled the turbo and it hit the plug and shattered. I already bought a pedestal without the valve so I didn’t care. Wish I hadn’t killed it or I could have sent it to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, RT, I can always depend on you for good, solid advice.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
It is not needed. It closes the back pressure valve when the outside temperature is freezing and you’re in park. Funny- I broke mine today as well. Pulled the turbo and it hit the plug and shattered. I already bought a pedestal without the valve so I didn’t care. Wish I hadn’t killed it or I could have sent it to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine activates in park & while driving when cold outside, and block is not heated up yet. I make sure to drive around the hood to make sure its off before getting on hwy, or else I cant accelerate. (advantage of plugging in the heater block & probably saving wear & tear on waking up the beast in cold weather)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts