The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Back Seat High Road Clothes Bar Installation

my 12 sd cc showed up with no back seat grab handles... my job is continious travel and i need to hang clothes... my clothes bar from the 03 hung from the grab handles...

i pulled back the head liner and loosened up the air bag mount screw and zip tied the clothes bar to the air bag mount... tightened it up and all is good... other than the wire mount being crooked it dosent look too bad either...

clothes bar link... Walmart Mobile

j o

·
Registered
470 Posts
Thanks! Just looking at that problem yesterday and wondering why FORD would change something like that after all these years.:nono:

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
They changed it because of the side air bags. The handle got moved to the B pillar. My 12 came with it. There are hangers along the rear of the cab, 2 of them. Not the best location, but they are there.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Well at least that reason seems good.....:yesnod:. Unfourtunately, the two hang points are not good for multiple pieces of work clothing that some....many??...of us need with us during our 'travels'.
Adapt..overcome.....:armed:

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I agree, not good hanging points at all. Not good locations for grab bars either IMO.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Unfourtunately, the two hang points are not good for multiple pieces of work clothing that some....many??...of us need with us during our 'travels'.
Adapt..overcome.....:armed:
+1 to this, and IMO the lame ass little hooks at the back of the cab are worthless the way they come stock.

I tried to hang a heavy coat on a plastic hanger, wouldn't stay hooked.
Ended up putting one of them cheap key chain carabiners to hang the stuff off of, down side that adds another 3 inches so the coats are mostly sitting on the seat in the SC....

·
Registered
132 Posts
well i tackled it today, pull the weather strippping back and it will come lose enought to get you hands in and 8mm socket on 1/4" drive rachet and lossen the bolt. Got it hung ok but really dont like the look that good, it will work but rally not to my liken. I am going to take one of them loose again, then take coat hook off from the back, I think i can get long bolt and go throught the head liner with sapcer behind it and mount the coat hook against the liner into the air bag bracketand work fine. Will let you know.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I would worry about part of the hanger becoming a projectile of the airbag was set off. Sounds like an important piece of safety equipment is being compromised. That's probably why Ford moved the grab handles.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Welcome BigD234. I just wanted to make sure you are aware that you are posting to a thread that is almost 7 years old since the last post. Not a problem necessarily, just want you to be aware of it.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
my 12 sd cc showed up with no back seat grab handles... my job is continious travel and i need to hang clothes... my clothes bar from the 03 hung from the grab handles...

i pulled back the head liner and loosened up the air bag mount screw and zip tied the clothes bar to the air bag mount... tightened it up and all is good... other than the wire mount being crooked it dosent look too bad either...

clothes bar link... Walmart Mobile

j o
Link doesn't seem to be any good anymore. Not surprising, since it is 7 years old.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts