The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After flushing the coolant system with restore and restore plus, doing the oil cooler with an OEM one, doing the STC fitting, Sinister full EGR delete, blue spring kit, and a 4 inch MBRP straight pipe, I've noticed there isn't really any "power" and the MPG is horrible about 8 mpg. No codes besides the P0401 (I left the EGR valve plugged in).. Seems like it lacks acceleration. On my way to work I had to hit 2000 rpm before it seemed like it wanted to move. It's not cold out, I'm in south Florida. Any suggestions? Thank you.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FICM is fine stays at 49V, I got some archoil AR9100 on the way, put Rotella 15-40W in not sure what dealer or previous owner used before. Stock intake.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I heard when it see's no flow to the EGR valve for whatever reason the truck goes into a "Limp mode" I think you may need to get a tuner and turn that CEL light off.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm.. Good point. There is no DTC or CEL being triggered... I've been mashing it WOT to see if anything changes maybe clean stuff out

·
Registered
195 Posts
You said STC fitting so its a 05+ that should pop a Check engine Light... interesting.... I drove mine for like 6k miles with a CEL no issues.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea no CEL, No DTCs... MPG really sucks...

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Some sensor readings to check (make sure they are in the normal range and the connector is fully seated):

BARO
EBP
MAP
IAT1 / MAF

Sometimes the EBP sensor tube gets plugged and sometimes the MAP sensor hose gets brittle and gets holes in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts