The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all... its been a few years since my last post....3 kids later and some new cars...one of which is our new-to-us 2002 Excursion 7.3!

Very happy so far, should have bought this truck years ago...however,
the previous owner had some goodies that he threw into the deal, one of which is the Banks Power Elbow and Monster Exhaust.

I'm pretty new to the 7.3, Is there a step by step tutorial on the installation of the Power Elbow itself? The included instructions are somewhat vague. The rest of the exhaust is pretty straight forward.

already got plans to do the CCV mod, intake heater mod, and add some filters i.e. Coolant and fuel...

thanks in advance for the help...

(already did the YouTube thing and no help there)

Jon.

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Buy a can of pb blaster and spray everything down.

The power elbow can be installed with the turbo still in truck.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Why do the CCV mod?

I have not read that it is an advantage.

Welcome to guzzle's CCV mod web page

Is the Intake Heater mod the "AIH Delete"?

Cheers
after a bunch of mod, I installed the RR boots because the intercooler piping keep poping off of oil. Same with the RR boots kit after a little while. I tried thoroughly cleaning with multiple type of soap and/or de-greaser and tried the hair spray trick without success. So i decide to do the CCV mod and since then... never add any problem.

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
after a bunch of mod, I installed the RR boots because the intercooler piping keep poping off of oil. Same with the RR boots kit after a little while. I tried thoroughly cleaning with multiple type of soap and/or de-greaser and tried the hair spray trick without success. So i decide to do the CCV mod and since then... never add any problem.
You even popped off the RR boots?

Oh man, those are some stout boots!

Are you using a catch can with the CCV Mod?

I have read that if the CCV Mod is used in cold climates then there is a possibility the moisture can freeze in the hose and block it...have you heard of this?

Thanks for sharing your actual experience.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
You even popped off the RR boots?

Oh man, those are some stout boots!

Are you using a catch can with the CCV Mod?

I have read that if the CCV Mod is used in cold climates then there is a possibility the moisture can freeze in the hose and block it...have you heard of this?

Thanks for sharing your actual experience.
the stock boots where poping off completely, the RR was way better but the piping was coming out of the boots just enough to have a leak. yes I have a catch can with a filter. don't remember the bran, one of my body order one for is sport car and he received 2 :grin2:.

the only reason i heard of doing the ccv mod is remove the oil for the intake side and help keeping the boots in place.

probably I should mention that with my setup I'm pushing 30 psi on dd tune and around 45 psi on hot tune.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Buy a can of pb blaster and spray everything down.

The power elbow can be installed with the turbo still in truck.
love the PB Blaster...i used it on my big block Cummins' exhaust manifold bolts. However, I understand that the Power Elbow will remove the Warm-Up valve, but, will the linkages and some other hardware remain?

thanks in advance,

Jon.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
just gutt the pedestal and plug it or get a non EBPV pedestal

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
love the PB Blaster...i used it on my big block Cummins' exhaust manifold bolts. However, I understand that the Power Elbow will remove the Warm-Up valve, but, will the linkages and some other hardware remain?

thanks in advance,

Jon.
Yes the banks P/E will delete the EBPV , but as yan said you need to change the pedestal or just disconnect the rod and leave it hanging there (actuator rod)
here is the power elbow set up , will send more photo's in an email.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Hey Googs,

What was the benefits you saw with the power elbow? Lower EGT? Is it worth the 300$?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
It changes the connection point of the downpipe to a true 4 inch. Might lower egts 20-30 degrees at peak.

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
Hey Googs,

What was the benefits you saw with the power elbow? Lower EGT? Is it worth the 300$?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
If i could go back in time i would just fit a Hi-flow outlet instead of the Banks P/E , it did lower egt's but because i did so many mods at the one time it's hard to say exactly how many degrees it dropped it.
And yes the connection point is different, in my option the Hi-flow outlet would be easier to fit, and less $.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts