The Diesel Stop banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Well they are still working on it. I dropped my truck off a while ago so they can try to diagnose and/or duplicate the issue. Talked to Jeff on Friday, the engineers are still looking at it.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for the update. I had two days in a row last week where I had zero issues in the morning... but now I'm back to my usual routine of it needing to be turned off and back on only in the morning.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Has anyone heard anything yet?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I talked to Jeff earlier today about several things, including this. They have narrowed it down to what they believe is a voltage issue from the truck. When it starts it send a certain voltage to the bridge connection which then changes after it starts and then changes again for some other reason. So they are working toward that end to pin point the exact cause and create a fix.

I'll try to get Jeff to either post or send me written information which I can copy paste.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thank you for the update.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I'm glad their getting close to a fix, just wish it was moving faster. This is when I do alot of towing and could really use the gauges, but it gets annoying to have to keep shutting the IQ on/off during a trip.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
It's weird that some uses get it so frequently and others not so much. Wish we could find the common denominator to help narrow down the problem so a fix could come sooner.

·
Registered
70 Posts
It's weird that some uses get it so frequently and others not so much. Wish we could find the common denominator to help narrow down the problem so a fix could come sooner.

Funny you should say that, I have said before I don't drive mine very often, maybe once or twice a month, and my IQ only acted up on one trip a couple of times and seems to be fine right now, however for us towing season is coming up were the truck gets used every weekend, time will tell.

Electrical gremlins are tough to catch, my mother and father inlaw bought a new Prius, went to dinner, came out of the restaurant and got in the car and nothing! had it towed to the dealership were they bought it, the service writer calls them the next morning and says "why did you have it towed in, there's nothing wrong with it, it runs just fine?" He also said that the Prius also has 100,000 electrical conections and could show up again!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hey guys and gals. There is a beta fix we now have available for you. Depending on the nature of your issue of course. If your getting the error message or the blank iQ give a call into our tech support line at 1-888-839-2700 and ask for jeff C. Depending on your iQ generation and the issue your having this beta program may be able to fix it for you. :D

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Hey guys and gals. There is a beta fix we now have available for you. Depending on the nature of your issue of course. If your getting the error message or the blank iQ give a call into our tech support line at 1-888-839-2700 and ask for jeff C. Depending on your iQ generation and the issue your having this beta program may be able to fix it for you. :D
Calling now...Jeff C. is going to send for my IQ and Bridge and take a look at them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Has anyone got the beta program yet? Everytime I call in jeff is unavailable and no one else has any idea this fix even exhists.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
I am waiting on a UPS ticket. Sending my bridge and IQ for him update with the programming

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Has anyone had this fixed yet? Mine is still doing the same thing and when I call in I'm told there is no update for it?

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Has anyone had this fixed yet? Mine is still doing the same thing and when I call in I'm told there is no update for it?
Mine is done. Sent in my IQ and the bridge, got it back and everything is fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow I'm not gonna lie I was looking at getting the banks six gun tuner for my truck but after reading some of your guys posts I am kinda reconsidering. I kinda thought that the banks was the safe way to go but if they keep freezing what good are they, I mine as well have 600 dollars sitting on the dash because I would get the same amount of use out of it.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Its not the 6-gun itself...just the IQ. Keep in mind the IQ is brand new to the market and most of us were early adopters.

There warranty is second to none. I had mine looked over and everything. I did not even pay for shipping.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
The iQ is the monitoring system and also allows you to make the on screen adjustments to the Six-Gun really easy. If you also get the Speed Brake, everything is right there at our finger tips. In my opinion, it's worth it. My iQ and Bridge where both recently replaced a month ago, so far so good.

One thing to remember about the Six-Gun and Speed Brake, When you make settings changes, the Six-Gun and Speed Brake remember these changes. So if you disconnect and remove the iQ or the iQ crashes, the Six-Gun and Speed Brake will remember their last settings and keep on functioning none the wiser. So the crashing your hearing about with the iQ, is mainly an inconvenience, not a detriment to the vehicle.

If you opt to just get the Six-Gun, then you get a little knob that get's installed which will allow you to choose from levels 1-6. The Six-Gun will still function as well as it has always functioned and there are allot of users who run it that way.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts