The Diesel Stop banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
Actuators are all a little different. The best thing to do is watch a youtube video of setting up an actuator and getting it to start opening at exact pressure you want before you mount it as you don't want to try that after mounting. Buy a good actuator that has an adjustable
Turnbuckle.
If Ferrari and those boys powder coat tubes I think it's ok. Theoretically they are correct as hot air that is hot from being compressed in turbo travels that tube before entering that massive intercooler. Not a big deal if you want color.
I used Prizmatic Powders' illusion royal and racing red.
As far as pressure goes that's kinda linked to your tunes or engine light will flash when it thinks you are over boosting.
I have Applied Performance and it's set for twenty five.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #42 ·
I suggest painting valley white or silver. It is amazing how much it lights up the valley. This is good for finding leaks, fasteners, tools and where to grab sensor connectors.
I used Duplicolor primer and silver engine paint.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #46 · (Edited)
Oh hey if you want to reduce noise look at the other stuff a Thermo Tech has on their web site. Heat and noise reducing stuff to put on fire wall while it's exposed.
It's the time to ohm injectors, glow plugs, and harness.
If the electrical tape on harness was like mine deteriorating looking like spider webs you want to fix that so wires remain protected.
Here I pulled it all out and used electrical cleaner to degrease the wires.

Attachments

Nice detail on your motor AND your write up, Nick.

This helps a lot for people like me who are not working on diesels all the time.
I can see it would be a good idea for me to pick up a spare turbo among other parts and have everything ready to remove and replace. That will eliminate the down time.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.