The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
It would depend on how many days you return to your truck after a very cold winter camping trip whether its cost effective.

The rest of the mornings you could just plug in the block heater.

One downside is the tapping into the fuel and coolant systems is that new potential leaks are created. Its always good to get a fresh perspective that breaks from conservative thinking like mine so I hope it works out and you follow up on your thread.

Ofcourse the guys here will be able to offer expertise on the best location and install practices.

·
Super Moderator
25,424 Posts
There's also the propane weed burner and stovepipe approach if you really want to go the cheap route. Might be really expensive though if you burn down your truck. :icon_eek:

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
So how cold will it be when you are out camping? Anything above zero degrees Fahrenheit should be fine with out preheat if you batteries/glowplug/starter are in good shape.
DENNY

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
On a side note always carry a good set of jumper cables and back into you parking spot so it is easy to jump just in case.
DENNY

·
Premium Member
8,851 Posts
I think that the OP is worried about nothing as long as the glow plugs and batteries are in good shape. I have cold soaked mine at 10,000 feet and a -20 and started just fine without the block heater

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

21 - 25 of 25 Posts