The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 96 F SuperDuty with a dump bed. It is in need of some injectors as the factory ones have a miss. Im taking the truck wed to have it looked at. Has any one run these on pretty much a stock truck. Do they make egts real hot?? How about fuel milage. How much are factory injectors. PS its got a 5sp and 513 gears

· Registered
563 Posts
No expierience with those but I would suspect with that gearing you will be good with egt's. Buy a guage though!! You can get re-man stock injectors a little cheaper but why? It sounds like your truck will be real heavy at times and you will want the extra power. I would also get a chip for the injectors they can better control your fuel and egt's based on your needs.

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't know that you could get reman. I dont know that much about psd. I saw those injectors on beans site and saw them. Only problem is dad bought the truck for us to share he wants to use it around the farm and I can haul mulch ect landscapeing. He the old school ya put a chip on it and its gonna blow up 5 miles down the road.

Im looking at it as hey look we can get these injectors cheaper than factory replacements and whats an extra few hp gonna hurt.

Without a chip to increase oil press you dont get the full benifit of these injectors am I following this correct.

· Registered
363 Posts
yes you are correct. chip will help with how the injectors run. How the trans shifts if auto. all an all with a chip and BTSavers u could see a very decent amount of new life from the ole girl

· Registered
762 Posts
Without a chip, it should be the same as stock!

· Registered
563 Posts
I am 99.9% sure the ones on Bean's website are re-man's (all the other injectors say new or reman except that one) unless it has new right next to them and new are a lot more money.

· Registered
444 Posts
Call Bean's up man they will discuss all the options and are good people.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.