The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to find something that would work good for my 80 y/o parents they are wanting a tailgate step with handle, i dont see much available unless i am missing something, you guys have any ideas i didnt see anything in my few searches here most were older tho unless i missed something or wasnt doing it right

thanks in advance,
robert

·
Premium Member
9,063 Posts
This is the one that I put onto my OBS truck. It doesn't have a handle but it is close enough to the rear of the truck that you can use the side rail of the bed for support. It is also removable. You do have to drill some holes to mount the mounting plate and a single hole for the strap that holds it onto the tailgate when it is stored.

I got mine off of Amazon for a little less than what they web site has it listed for.

I'm 240 lbs and it feels fairly sturdy.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
boy not alot to choose from out there - they were wanting a handle, does your mount to teh tailgate and then fold up on it? rattle ?

·
Premium Member
9,063 Posts
It lays down across the tailgate and then there is a nylon strap that holds it in place.

If you want to remove it there are a couple of quick release pins on it where it hooks to the mounting plate, but there will still be a about a 1" piece that will stick up next to the edge of the tailgate. And the nylon strap will still be attached unless it is removed by taking out a single screw.

As for a rattle, I don't notice it if there is one. But then I have a ATV rack that sits up on the bed rails and the way that the ramps are stored causes it to rattle all the time.

I agree that there just isn't much out there. I got this one just on a whim. It wasn't that expensive and I figured that if I didn't use it on the truck I would use it somewhere else. As for the handle, I just use the top of the bed rail to sturdy myself when I get in and out using it. I'm 67 so I needed something, I just can't jump up onto the tailgate like I did a few years ago.

This step isn't the best but it is sturdy enough for me at 240 lbs to get in and out of the bed. It can be mounted on either the right or left side depending on what you want to do with it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea its a tall step on those things i may jsut have to fabricate something for them - im 54 and cant get up in my 03 tailgate either, just dont bent like i used to

·
Registered
452 Posts
I am 250# and 65yr old. This is the best non skid step I have ever used.
KIMG0125.JPG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts