The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see a topic on this, so if there is one, please forgive the redundancy. What's the opinion on bull bar/light combo for favorite/best 2017+?

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks great @mithrilux! Was it easy to install?
Very easy. I was surprised. 90 minutes for bull bar including unboxing. About an hour to bolt the lights. Wiring was the pain at around 2.5 hrs. I'm no pro so I imagine most folks here could do it much faster.

I do recommend avoiding the Nilight products. 420 watts at 12v DC pulls 35 amps by my math. The factory wire on the light was about 16 awg. So it's mislabeled wattage or not wired appropriately. Again, I'm no pro especially with electrical systems so my math could be suspect, but at least 12 gauge would be necessary, yeah?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Very easy. I was surprised. 90 minutes for bull bar including unboxing. About an hour to bolt the lights. Wiring was the pain at around 2.5 hrs. I'm no pro so I imagine most folks here could do it much faster.

I do recommend avoiding the Nilight products. 420 watts at 12v DC pulls 35 amps by my math. The factory wire on the light was about 16 awg. So it's mislabeled wattage or not wired appropriately. Again, I'm no pro especially with electrical systems so my math could be suspect, but at least 12 gauge would be necessary, yeah?
That's not too bad at all from unboxing to finish. I'm useless with wiring so I'd probably take even longer than that or just ask someone else for help haha. That's really odd about the Nilight stuff, I haven't noticed that before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts