The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a ton of websites, and I'm trying to find seat covers for my family's F250, looking for something heavy-duty.

Anyone know of any top brands or trusted websites?

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
I found heavy cordura seat covers with the Cabelas brand for very reasonable pricing ($35 vs $200). They have several nylon straps to keep them secured.

Occasionally I apply a fabric treatment and they are holding up well.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
What upholstery is on the seats now?

Seat covers are intended to be cheap & disposable, so it's sort of like looking for top-quality toilet paper. ;)

·
Registered
775 Posts
When the seats in my 2001 started showing wear, I went with covers from Marathon. They fit and looked great, and held up well until I got rid of the truck several years later. Customer support was excellent, as I needed to send them pictures to explain what "high back bucket seats" were.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cloth right now, I feel the fabric is super weak and I'm scared they'll get dirty or worse, damaged.

A lot of family trips into the outdoors and we've been lucky to have em kept pretty clean but I think it's about time.

High-quality toilet paper, haha, that's a good one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When the seats in my 2001 started showing wear, I went with covers from Marathon. They fit and looked great, and held up well until I got rid of the truck several years later. Customer support was excellent, as I needed to send them pictures to explain what "high back bucket seats" were.
What fabrics were they?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
OE cloth is surprisingly robust. This truck was literally a ratnest when I dragged it out of the woods. The back window had been broken out, and used tires were packed into the cab on the seat.

(view with a fullsize computer monitor - not a phone)

But after stripping the upholstery, hosing it down with PurplePower, and letting it sun-dry, it ended up looking & smelling nearly-new.

·
Registered
775 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,665 Posts
When I replaced my seat covers that had be ran for 20 years I went with Marathon and while they are a good seat cover there are a lot better ones out there. My fit was not overall that good compared to the seat covers that I replaced.

If I wanted some heavy duty seat covers I would go with Marathon and just deal with the fit. If I wanted some nicer ones I would go elsewhere like Saddleman. These are what I replaced and kind of wished that I would of gone back with them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OE cloth is surprisingly robust. This truck was literally a ratnest when I dragged it out of the woods. The back window had been broken out, and used tires were packed into the cab on the seat.

(view with a fullsize computer monitor - not a phone)

But after stripping the upholstery, hosing it down with PurplePower, and letting it sun-dry, it ended up looking & smelling nearly-new.
Awesome stuff.

I'm thinking of OE, I don't want any crazy covers.

Glad to see those worked out for ya, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I replaced my seat covers that had be ran for 20 years I went with Marathon and while they are a good seat cover there are a lot better ones out there. My fit was not overall that good compared to the seat covers that I replaced.

If I wanted some heavy duty seat covers I would go with Marathon and just deal with the fit. If I wanted some nicer ones I would go elsewhere like Saddleman. These are what I replaced and kind of wished that I would of gone back with them.
Marathon--got it.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, I just wanted to update everyone--went with a new site called ProMasterParts.com, and got some Ballistic covers for my bucket seats.

Love the material and feel, and I got them for an affordable price, not at some crazy $350-plus number--yikes!

Check them out! I was pretty close to looking at Shear Comfort, too, but went with the better price point!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
How about posting the link to the covers you bought?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So, it's literally been a couple days since I got them and already had an accident in the car.

I should really stop drinking coffee while I'm driving, especially on twisty-turny roads.

Ballistic covers seriously did the trick--wiped it right off and no stains. Perfecto.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the Seatskinz leather covers. They fit like factory leather and consequently were a pita to squeeze on. But once I did they look completely factory

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
I have the Seatskinz leather covers. They fit like factory leather and consequently were a pita to squeeze on. But once I did they look completely factory
If I had a set of those I would need to buy a set of covers to protect them. They look great.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
That looks pretty good!

Hard to believe that those guys are slip-ons, though, haha.

How much did they go for a row?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts