The Diesel Stop banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Justin,
I have a 2002 Ford F250, the 7.3L engine is still stock. The 4R100 transmission has had the stock torque converter replaced with the Precision Industries Stallion torque converter. Since the torque converter swap, the Over Driver Off light on the gear shift has started flashing intermittently. The transmission code that is thrown indicates that the torque converter is slipping. Since this is an intermittent issue, I don’t think there is a problem with the torque converter
I have been reading on several of the Diesel Forums that the DP-Tuner is capable of adjusting the transmission line pressures to adjust for upgraded torque converters.
Is this accurate? If so, which DP-Tuner would you recommend?
Thanks
Jim

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
Jim - I think Justin had a family issue that forced him to retire. Call DP-tuner directly. Jody (the owner and programmer) is readily available to help with technical questions. He can even make custom tweaks after you get the tuner to deal with specific problems. The F5 is the most economical, but the F6 will allow you to flash the chip yourself if you decide to add tunes or if you and Jody are making changes and he e-mails you revisions.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts