The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around, saw one on sale for less than 150. saw one for regular price for around 200, one for 275. They all seem to have similar tunes capabilities for similar power. What's the best tuner?
'99 F350 7.3L manual trans.
I saw that you can get up to 140+ hp with a switch which sounds great but is it too good to be true? I'm new to this engine so I'm not sure of its capabilities.
Also I have some blue smoke on hard accel so maybe I should try to figure that out before I tune?

Thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Best? Get a hydra. Everything else is outdated/being phased out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why does it matter if the product is getting phased out of the products are pretty much install and nothing more? Is there any benefit to issuing hydra over anything?

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
The tuners can give you some nice power upgrade. To get all 140 hp I would think you may need a lot of extra support (turbo, exhaust, ect) and that is 140 would be at redline. A 80 HP tune is a lot of fun with a six speed.
DENNY

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The truck came with a custom MBRP cat back exhaust it looks like it that helps. I'll have to look at the hydra one. I like the simplicity of just turning a knob on presets than downloading tunes and running but if it makes more sense to get hydra I'll look more into it.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Why does it matter if the product is getting phased out of the products are pretty much install and nothing more? Is there any benefit to issuing hydra over anything?
Because if they're being phased out, there's no support for them when you have issues with it.
If you ever want custom tunes, you would have to send it in to be tuned. With the hydra you just hook it to your laptop and download the tunes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got a hydra switch. I have a dp tuner and diablosport Turner I'll be selling in the near future. I'd sell the diablosport for 100+ shipping.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
What model diablo? Vin locked?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts