21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
I use to fiddle with everything now just want to go

·
Registered
37 Posts
Forgive my ignorance but why not load and forget, just because you can doesnt mean you need to, am i right or am i missing something? I like the idea of adjusting pcm for towing, but is something happening in trans ans motor where is needs contant downloads?
You do load and forget if the tunes are performing how you want them to.

But lets say you change tire size and want your shift points adjusted, then with a TS6/revolver/arachnid/etc chip, you have to remove the chip from the pcm, mail it off to the tuner, wait for them to tune, mail it back, then install it again and hope they got it right. If you are on stock injectors this may not be a huge deal, because you can still drive the truck normally. However, if you have bigger injectors, the truck will not really run right without the proper custom tunes, so you are down for about 2 weeks waiting.

However, with the hydra, if you want to make this change, you just email your tuner (or get some new custom ones from a different tuner) and have them update the tunes to match your new/changed setup. They email you the updates, you save on your laptop, plug laptop into chip while you sit in drivers seat, upload the new tunes, then drive away. From the time you receive the email with updates to the time you are driving will be about 3-4 minutes once you are used to the software. Your truck has no downtime ever. Remember, you can even order these new tunes before you actually make a change so they are waiting for you or even installed on chip already and all you have to do is click over to the correct position. This is a giant leap forward past the old TS6 style.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
And, you may want to try a custom tune.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

21 - 23 of 23 Posts