The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a new 250 diesel with 9 miles on it. Need to take a 1700 mile trip in the next week or so. Any advice on the best way to break it in before the trip? I really want to get off to a good start since I hope to have this truck forever.

Steve S.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Howdy SS....
First let me be the first to say.....
W
E
L
C
O
M
E....TO Ford-Diesel.com

When I picked-up mine with 27 miles, I checked all fluids first...After making sure everything was ok, I drove it for 500 miles and changed the oil and filter....For the first 1000 miles or so I never drove it at a constint speed, I varied the speed through out the drive...At 3000 miles I changed oil, filter, and again checked everything for leaks, squeeks, low levels and had the alinement checked....This is my second PSD, the first one I sold with 127000 and it ran perfect...This one has 50000 or there abouts and I have never had a bit of problems, well a couple of very minor things (fuse popped)..So look forward to a looooong relationship with your truck....If your in the northwest check out the events/rallies forums......

------------------
99.5 F-350 SC,LB,4x4,XLT, Superlift 2",Rhino Liner,Mag-Hytec Dif Cover, BFG 285x75x16
Rob's F-350

·
Premium Member
18,870 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ss:
Any advice on the best way to break it in before the trip? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Steve, and let me be the second to welcome you to Ford-Diesel.com.

This website has several different forums, and various subjects are "on topic" in various forums. This particular forum is reserved for discussions about the operation of www.Ford-Diesel.com. Several other forums are reserved for discussions about '99-up PowerStroke Diesel (PSD) trucks, and some are reserved for discussions about other years of Ford diesel trucks. We even have one forum devoted to gas engine Fords, and one devoted to towing and hauling.

I'll move this thread to the '99-up General Questions forum where it will be on topic. Look there for additional responses to your inquiry.

Smokey Wren
Forums Moderator

1 - 3 of 3 Posts