The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am flying out on Wed, April 1 to pick up my new truck from Scott at Fowlerville. To those of you who have made this trip, what did you find was the most economical way to get from the airport to the dealer? I am flying into Detroit, and will land there around 3:30 in the afternoon. Thanks for the suggestions.

Joe M.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
See what the one way rental cars are and turn into Howell and have enterprise take you to the dealer or the taxis but they are expensive sometimes.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
When I planned my trip, I looked up Taxis and found that it was about $100 for a 1 way taxi to get to Scott's dealership from the airport. My father came with me for the trip because it was a 2 day trip for me. We rented a car from the airport for $38 after taxes (booked online) for the most basic economy car and drove to Scott's. We ended up driving back to the airport (father drove the rental while I drove my truck) to drop it off (took a little more time cause it was partially out of the way) but it was about $50 additional for a 1 way drop off. Since it took us 30 minutes out of the way, I figured I'd save the $50.

Long story short, whether you rent a car (I recommend) or take a taxi, you will be looking at $80-$100 for either of them. Rent a car and put 2 gallons of gas in when you drop it off.

Edit: Searched orbitz, budget and enterprise. All are saying sold out for rentals so you may need to take a taxi. He is about an hour from the airport.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you.

·
Registered
272 Posts
SeaTowJoe is it the 2015 in your sig that you are getting? That is the same as the one I got which happens to match Blwnsmoke's.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SeaTowJoe is it the 2015 in your sig that you are getting? That is the same as the one I got which happens to match Blwnsmoke's.
No, I got that truck in January. This is the truck I just picked up yesterday - just arrived back home in CT about 2 hours ago. First pic is at Fowlerville Ford, second is in my driveway. I really like how the color looks different in the sun, and the shade.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scott is definitely the real deal. I called him in late Feb to see if he could order a truck for me with a 4.30 rear end. My local dealer told me Ford had put a national hold on that axle for the remainder of the 2015 model year. According to them, I would have to order a '16 to get it. Scott had the truck ordered and delivered to his dealer in 29 days. You will not see that at any other dealer.
Looking forward to doing business with him again in the future.

Joe

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And if you are flying out to pick up a truck from Scott, fly into Detroit, and use Uber. The car was there within 5 minutes, and he had me to the dealer in less than an hour, for $60. Much easier and quicker than renting a car.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
^^^ great suggestion on uber!! Scott is the real deal and a great guy to do business with.

Congrats!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Scott is a great example of what all dealers should be. So many lazy dealers out there that just won't do a thing for a sale. Scott earned my business for life and I am sure anyone that buys from him will feel the same.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Scott is a great example of what all dealers should be. So many lazy dealers out there that just won't do a thing for a sale. Scott earned my business for life and I am sure anyone that buys from him will feel the same.

Yes he is the real deal.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
No, I got that truck in January. This is the truck I just picked up yesterday - just arrived back home in CT about 2 hours ago. First pic is at Fowlerville Ford, second is in my driveway. I really like how the color looks different in the sun, and the shade.
That looks really nice in the super cab. So everything was great with Scott? How fast did he have you in and out? was he with anyone when you were there? he gets busy

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was in and out in about an hour and fifteen. He was delivering another truck along with mine, both at the same time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts