The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The all new BFG T/A KO2 is coming.. (First sizes should hit our inventory Nov. 2014)

We had a chance to test the tire in Baja Mexico for a few days earlier this week. Before we share our experience, we want to hear your initial thoughts. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
7,932 Posts
What's new? The tread wrapping onto side walls?
The All terrains are nice till you hit substantial snow. I like the Mud Terrains but you feel them too much and are a bit loud.
They need something in between.
Do you know of such a tire?

·
Premium Member
7,932 Posts
Looked at fine print on snow rating. It is from the rubber people not the traction people.
That's an endorsement for the rubber compound.
I do not see a different contact pattern than what they have had. That revision to the top of side rail will be of little consequence in snow.
They look like they would do well on a rocky trail that did not have much mud. This is why Baja has always been the advertising grounds for that tire.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I agree. I had these before ( the now version ) Awesome handling on dry and wet !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hit snow - forget about it !!!!!!!!!!!!! slip slide away !!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE:

BFG will release their new All-Terrain T/A KO2 in two phases. Phase one(1) is scheduled for November 2014
and phase two(2) is scheduled for March and April 2015.

In other news, BFG dropped a new All-Terrain T/A KO2 tire from 10,000 feet and drove away on it.
Guess the spot on Playground Earth it hit and you could win a set for yourself.

·
Premium Member
7,932 Posts
Hi, when I click on grid I can't find place to leave comment. So
Bottom right grid, make living with them and they could have saved fuel by studying terminal velocity.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts