The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 316 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Yesterday I was trying to track down this oil leak, I finally found it today it was the oil dipstick pipe was loose and it came out of its hole...... anyways when I went to start up the truck yesterday the SES light was on and it still hasnt gone off the truck shakes really bad when you accelerate it is more noticeable in some rpms then in others like at 1500 rpms the trucks shakes really bad. and in some of the higher rpms its not as noticeable.

I went to autozone to use one of their code readers, it read that their were no codes so I couldnt clear the SES light.

could the chip be loose?
What could be causing this problem?

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Or a loose injector harness... Under valve cover harness...

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
you have a miss in one or more of the cylinders check the harnesses on the valvecovers to the injs first, if not pull the valve covers and make sure all connections are secure on the injs i had one pop off on my way back from school last year which resulted in a dead miss (inj didn't fire) .

on edit: exactly what they said ^^^ check the connections!!!

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kanman thats ok

Last night when I took off the valve cover I I made sure all the injectors were connected and I pushed to two main harnesses together. I will look at harness first if thats not the problem I guess I will take her apart one more time and see if that fixes everything

thanks,
Andrew

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
What the heck ever happened to that kid? Used to post on EVERY forum... now he dropped off the planet...LOL

Have your EGT's dropped? When my harness came loose the drivers side pyro was at 200 at 35mph!!! So I guessed it was the drivers side...LOL

·
Registered
983 Posts
Do you have a non contact thermometer? The "point and shoot" kind? If you don't find one, and aim it at each exhaust manifold outlet from each cylinder. You will find the coldest one(s) and then you find which ones ain't firing. Either that, or a contribution test, or a switch box.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GregRob was banned from TDS.

Anyways I disconected the batteries for 15 minutes and reconected them but the SES light doesnt go away. Autozone code reader so their were no codes.
I dont have a non contact thermometer unforutently.

At 35 mph 1700-1800 rpms my egts were at 900.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
its got to be a miss. check the injectors as boonman suggested- i really think that they are the culprit since they were just installed. one of them could've popped loose since you checked them last, who knows? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.giftime to go everything apart /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif I love doing that

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
And the saga continues....

BTW I know he was banned... but other then being a post whore... he seemed harmless...

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I forget what my dealer did exactly but I know they used a more secure harness, I'm not sure if they zip-tied it to something or what but I know it was better than stock. I'd call them and find out but service closed at 5

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hmmmm... well I am going to take her apart and see what I find I should have just left everything alone yesterday and my truck would have been probably been runing normally.

thanks,
Andrew

1 - 20 of 316 Posts