The Diesel Stop banner

301 - 316 of 316 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would start with a new stock pcm from Jody. It sounds like you somehow fried it monkeying with the duct tape on the chip.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #302
so I then i should take it to the dealer? what if they dont know the difference beween the two types of programming?

thanks,
Andrew

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I would start with a new stock pcm from Jody. It sounds like you somehow fried it monkeying with the duct tape on the chip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont tell him to throw more parts at it... He is wasteng money now...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
The Dealer is going to charge you $300 just to look into it... Go to ITP diesel and order AE with the Ford bundle and find out what the CODES are...

Sorry if it seems like I am busting your chops but if I were closer I would be busting your chops!!!!!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure it wouldn't be trying to start with a fried PCM. Probably wouldn't get a WTS light either.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I'd call the dealers, explain your situation, tell em what you have and ask if they can help, sounds reasonable and easy enough to me.
May take more than one call to more than one dealer. Or arrange to have it hauled to JW.

You could have had it hauled by tow truck or truck/trl, maybe even flown by helicopter to a dealer or JWT, 3 or 4 times by now if you really wanted to have it fixed.

But you don't, you want to beat this horse all the way to death, do the truck a favor shoot it 3 times and set it on fire....R

Come on Andrew nobody sober is this dense.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
[ QUOTE ]
How far is John Wood's shop?

My truck would have been over there a week ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

John Woods is about 2.5 hours away. I have called him several times and left messages and he has never called me back and he never picks up his phone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif. I meet him at SOCAPs and he was really nice and very informative but he never picks up the phone.

-
Andrew

·
Registered
390 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
How far is John Wood's shop?

My truck would have been over there a week ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently it ain't close enough.

The link I posted was a map to it. I forget where Andrew's located, but he's obviously not taking it there.

Andrew, when I was your age I was building streetable race engines, manual transmissions, rear-ends and such; but I had a good teacher. I'm a lot older now and I'm not afraid to dive into my truck, but I still want a safety net close by. You have them.

Pull the cord, man. The parachute ain't opening on it's own.

prt

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hey guys, im not saying that Andrew should do anything else to his truck right now but I was just reading through some other posts and found this one and the symptoms seem similar to his. Plus he was messing with the pcm harness. scroll to the bottom and check out the outcome of his findings... just a thought

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, im not saying that Andrew should do anything else to his truck right now but I was just reading through some other posts and found this one and the symptoms seem similar to his. Plus he was messing with the pcm harness. scroll to the bottom and check out the outcome of his findings... just a thought

[/ QUOTE ]

Good find and worth a look!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[quote
On that note, is your truck running yet? After how long?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now thats funny /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Cary

[/ QUOTE ]

Truck is more or less in storage until I buy a house and have a place to do major repairs. That will be very early next year. It might have a cracked oil pickup tube or a bad LPOP.

Just 14 months of mostly down time. That's all! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I've had to learn to have a sense of humor about these things. It's no longer my main transportation these days, obviously.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
the shop thats 45 minutes from you is nothing considering the headache it will save.

·
Super Moderator
25,329 Posts
Andrew,

I apologize to you and those who were trying to help if some of the constructive posts were deleted from this thread.

I'm going to lock it because some of the people on here can't restrain themselves from ridiculing someone who's just trying to learn how to fix his truck.

Please take a minute or two to compose your thoughts and describe your symptoms and what you've done in a logical manner.

Maybe then you won't wind up spinning your wheels (so to speak) in getting your truck back on the road.

klhansen

301 - 316 of 316 Posts