The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 40 of 316 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
may be those injectors that were not seated right, hydrolocked and bent a rod?

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
it was just one injector that was seated correctly it the truck only idled with it like that for 10 minutes. then i fixed and been driving the truck for the past few weeks untill yesterday ut ran great.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Andrew does the truck have a chip or is the PCM reflashed. Get a flashlight and check the clips real good on the wiring harness that connect to the valve covers. Maby one of them is broke or bent causing the harness to not stay plugged in all the way.

·
Registered
786 Posts
The harness on the drivers side is famous for rubbing through the insulation on the under side against the valve cover causing shorts.
Remove the square small black plastic cover with a bolt through it (near the top, driver side valve cover) and turn the wires up side down to check.

If after you check All the connections and haven't found the problem you'll need a good scan tool such as a dealer or independent shop would use. Its a lot better than guessing and replacing unneeded parts and it'll save ya some headaches.
Auto ingenuity is one that is reasonably priced and works well, so I'm told.
Someone in your area may have it....R

Not to take anything away from what you've done so far, it maybe time to have a pro go over it before something expensive happens.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
the truck was working great untill yesterday when I was going to replace that o-ring now it shudders real badly/ shakes.

Anyways I got caught up with tsome other stuff so now I am going to take the passenger VC off again and see if anything is loose.

IF I cant fix it today I will take it to the pro tommorow.

thanks,
Andrew

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
My chip came loose once and the SES light was on, and didn't go off till I plugged it back in. If you got time take the chip out and see what the truck does then put the chip back in and see if it make a difference.

·
Registered
376 Posts
00 did you ever get to tape the chip in?

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
It wont run well without the chip, will stumble worse... Singles versis splits...

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I was jsut suggesting to take the chip out and run it for a few minutes to see if the SES light goes away. Then put it back in and tape it.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I just thought of something, is the truck loping at idle? Rockin' and smokin a little? If that is the case, you have a squirter probably not working. If it runs fine idling, and revving it in the driveway, and it shudders going down the road, than you have other issues. The SES light may be a coincidence. If the SES light is on, it means there's a code. I don't trust autozone enough to even let them get their grubby $hithooks on their scanner. You need a second opinion. Don't put ANY faith in Auto Zones reader. Maybe you have a bad u-joint? If you have a leaky injector, or have dropped a tip, you should NOT run that engine. You run the risk of hydrolocking it. Basically, does it smoke and shake at idle?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Andrew, I had a connector come loose on the firewall that did exactly what your was doing. But it was the one that looks like the PCM plug. Check both of them, samr size bolt. Your just loose somewhere i garone-tee!

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I dont think anyone was bashin ya... LOL I drove mine for a day with a split shot program in there... nothing I could do about it!LOL

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I had my PCM flashed to singles, so if i need pull the chip for any reason she still purs.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
... the SES light doesnt go away. Autozone code reader so their were no codes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hehe, the English language is a funny thing and darn picky. What you typed would mean that since the Autozone reader said there were no codes, then there indeed are no codes.

I'm sure you meant to type:
[ QUOTE ]
... the SES light doesnt go away. Autozone code reader said their were no codes.

[/ QUOTE ]
... which would mean simply that the Autozone reader said there were none (yet, there could be, because you can't count on the Autozone reader with a PSD). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Little things like that, how one word can make such a difference in meaning, make me smile. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Mebbe I'm just a simpleton. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
343 Posts
Food for thought...

When I had my AE hooked up to Andrew's truck on Sunday the only codes he had were exhaust backpressure, overboost, and air intake heater.

His truck passed contribution no problem, but failed buzz. The buzz failure was weird though. All eight injectors buzzed and sounded great, but I got a message that said "Test failed due to unknown error". I had never seen that message before.

Also, his engine was loping slightly at idle. But it was a consistent lope - there was a variance of roughly 50rpm (660-710rpm).

His ICP pressure was pretty much rock steady at 700psi, and duty cycle was very steady at 14.45%.

This was all at idle.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Man I need to get AE....

21 - 40 of 316 Posts