The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Agreed. I duned my F250 truck. 12-15 psi with some good navigating, never got stuck.

The 35's should get you a little over 1.5" of clearance over stock. I had 37" Toyo AT's on my other Ford(srw) and they did awesome in the sand. On the road, they was no road noise whatsoever.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Same here

Try this company http://www.wtwpolishing.com @ (206) 992-9888
  • 6 -Alcoa 22.5" shaved & trued to 22" (2-steer polished, 2-drive polished, 2-drive mill finished inners) for $1,100 plus $245 shipping, no tax
  • 4 - Aeromotive 10-10 lug adapters $850 for the set
  • No caps, though but those are relatively cheap
Ground clearance yes. You can go to this site 4Lo.com :: Tire Size Change, New Gear Ratio Calculator to figure out the difference tire size change has on gearing and overall tire height. Tire heights 225/70-19.5 = 31.4. 35x12.50-22 = 34.8". So say with no lift you get almost 1-3/4" of lift, tires alone.

The clearance for the diff should be good, lift won't help anymore - so I think this works for me. As well the wheel company is a great choice - this way I don't have to spend my son's college fund to improve performance.:thumbsup:

If you have 4.30s in your D110 (Job 1, Job 2, or Job 3), your effective drive ratio will become 3.88. If you have 4.88s (Job 1, Job 2 only), your effective ratio will about 4.40.

I have the 4.30 but don't know the job, 3.88 does drop the ratio quite a bit. I had 35's on a F350 and had to change the gears. I hope that the acceleration is not affected to much - guess I will find out.

Pros (if you have 4.30s)(if 4.88s, this is a no brainer)
  • Doing this without re-gearing will improve your MPG.
Cons (if you have 4.30s)(if 4.88s, no concern)
  • Towing will be impacted (slower acceleration off the line)
I am an M/T guy myself just because I like the look and I am in the sand all the time although I have never tried an A/T. As for tires, I loved my Toyo's listed in sig. The only other tire I would try is the Kuhmo Road Venture MT KL71. No experience but love the look. I ruled that one out because they don't make a 35" on 22 size so Toyo it is.

I think Toyo sounds like the way to go, I'm in.

Yeah you never know. I am always camped with the Eyeball Fabrication guys on the west side (far side) of the canal. If you ever go on http://www.glamisdunes.com I have the same userID "GlamisPSD". Look me up, pics of car on avatar.
I'll look at the Glamis site and check it out. We usually camp at three posts near the border fence.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The 35's should get you a little over 1.5" of clearance over stock. I had 37" Toyo AT's on my other Ford(srw) and they did awesome in the sand. On the road, they was no road noise whatsoever.
The AT's vs MT's will probably be looks and I need to decide - it looks like Toyo is the way to go either way!!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
They look just like the AF Classic Round hole

·
Registered
15 Posts
""This guy has 285/70/19.5 tires with what appears to be stock rims. I could be wrong though.""

Hey I know that guy....
I have tried many gear ratios also let me know if you have any questions I have 4.10, 4.30 and 4.88 ratios in my shop.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hey Glamispsd

They look just like the AF Classic Round hole
They are good looking then. Thanks again.

Do you think there is any issue with the rear wheel spacing with either wheel (offset). I don't have to worry about that with the Toyo mt's do I?

Does this truck look lifted - maybe 4" or stock?

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Let me know if it works out

Could I run a BFG KM2 335/55/22 (36".5" height and 13.2" width) on a 22x8.25" alcoa with a leveling kit on a f450?
I don't know bu am interested in the response

·
Registered
15 Posts
They are good looking then. Thanks again.

Do you think there is any issue with the rear wheel spacing with either wheel (offset). I don't have to worry about that with the Toyo mt's do I?

Does this truck look lifted - maybe 4" or stock?
This truck has a 4" lift on it I belive. As for your 22" wheels and tires keep in mind you will have to run adapters and your rear tires will stick out about 4". I would also check and see how many miles you will get out of those tires, I was lucky to get 35-40k out of them on my F350 4x4. My current combo fits under my fenders and I should get at least 60-70k out of the tires no to metion they have a much higer load rating. Just some more to think about

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Did you change the tires on your F450

Same here

Try this company http://www.wtwpolishing.com @ (206) 992-9888
  • 6 -Alcoa 22.5" shaved & trued to 22" (2-steer polished, 2-drive polished, 2-drive mill finished inners) for $1,100 plus $245 shipping, no tax
  • 4 - Aeromotive 10-10 lug adapters $850 for the set
  • No caps, though but those are relatively cheap
Ground clearance yes. You can go to this site 4Lo.com :: Tire Size Change, New Gear Ratio Calculator to figure out the difference tire size change has on gearing and overall tire height. Tire heights 225/70-19.5 = 31.4. 35x12.50-22 = 34.8". So say with no lift you get almost 1-3/4" of lift, tires alone.

If you have 4.30s in your D110 (Job 1, Job 2, or Job 3), your effective drive ratio will become 3.88. If you have 4.88s (Job 1, Job 2 only), your effective ratio will about 4.40.

Pros (if you have 4.30s)(if 4.88s, this is a no brainer)
  • Doing this without re-gearing will improve your MPG.
Cons (if you have 4.30s)(if 4.88s, no concern)
  • Towing will be impacted (slower acceleration off the line)
I am an M/T guy myself just because I like the look and I am in the sand all the time although I have never tried an A/T. As for tires, I loved my Toyo's listed in sig. The only other tire I would try is the Kuhmo Road Venture MT KL71. No experience but love the look. I ruled that one out because they don't make a 35" on 22 size so Toyo it is.

Yeah you never know. I am always camped with the Eyeball Fabrication guys on the west side (far side) of the canal. If you ever go on http://www.glamisdunes.com I have the same userID "GlamisPSD". Look me up, pics of car on avatar.
Tires on your f450
Did you ever put the 35" Toyos on your F450 without a suspension mod or did you lift the back 2"? If so, could I see a picture. I am real close to doing the same thing and want to see the results. Did you use the bolt on wheels or adaptors?

Thanks for the info in advance.

Jeff

·
Registered
57 Posts
Great info here

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
work done

I ended up putting the 35" Toyos on the truck with the American Force 22" wheels and it turned out great. The truck rides much better and sits higher (but not too high for the 5er). It even seemed to get rid of the sag in the back when loaded, sits straighter under load and works great. Small amount of rubbing at full lock in the front, but not an issue - when it rubs I just back off slightly.

VERY HAPPY!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am thinking of putting a set of tire and rims on my f450 that are straight off a tractor trailer I have rims lined up the 2 fronts are 22.5 aluminum and the 4 rears are 24.5 aluminum

1:) can it be done without modifying the suspension
2:) will an adapter set be all that I require

thank you Derek

·
Premium Member
18,870 Posts
I am thinking of putting a set of tire and rims on my f450 that are straight off a tractor trailer ....

2:) will an adapter set be all that I require
Hole pattern probably won't be the same, so you'll definitely need some sort of adaptor.

'99-04 F-450 had hole pattern of 8 on 225 mm. '05-up have hole pattern of 10 on 225 mm.

And while you're adapting, Ford requires the wheels to be hub centric. So be sure any adaptor is hub centric.

·
Registered
13 Posts
thank you I will bear that in mind I would love to hear if anyone has done this and if they had pics even better. also looking for any tips as this will be a build it my self from several suppliers deal .

1 found the 6 rims as stated they all need to be sent out and polished
2 still looking for 22.5 and 24.5 tires that have a nice aggressive tread Suggestions Welcome
3 adapter kit from not sure where yet

I am in Canada and we dont seem to take our trucks as seriously here so any suggestions on suppliers is appreciated

Derek

·
Registered
207 Posts
I ended up putting the 35" Toyos on the truck with the American Force 22" wheels and it turned out great. The truck rides much better and sits higher (but not too high for the 5er). It even seemed to get rid of the sag in the back when loaded, sits straighter under load and works great. Small amount of rubbing at full lock in the front, but not an issue - when it rubs I just back off slightly.

VERY HAPPY!!!
Can you post pics? I have been dying to see 35s on a stock truck.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·

·
Registered
207 Posts

Very Nice! So you were able to put the 35s with a stock ride and very little rubbing in the front. Do you think if you added a 2" leveling kit that would eliminate the rub completely or is it an offset issue? Also, did I see it correctly, you were able to use the stock caps on the new 22" AFs? How was that possible? Did you have to run adapters or does AF have direct Bolt-ons in 22" now for an 08 F450?

GlamisPSD

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Very Nice! So you were able to put the 35s with a stock ride and very little rubbing in the front. Do you think if you added a 2" leveling kit that would eliminate the rub completely or is it an offset issue? Also, did I see it correctly, you were able to use the stock caps on the new 22" AFs? How was that possible? Did you have to run adapters or does AF have direct Bolt-ons in 22" now for an 08 F450?

GlamisPSD
The rubbing is only when the tires are turned all the way, I just back off a little (don't know if the lift would help in the front - not necessary in the back). Otherwise the tires work great. Lost a little power (about 10%) and shifting changed a little. The truck downshifts a little later than before, The only issue is when towing up hill. The tires are the at's at 13.5 and they still work fine.

The tires are direct bolt on the caps worked perfect (especially because the KR I wanted to use them).

The rear end seems to ride a little flatter with the bigger tires, possible that the suspension compresses a little different with the new tires - very nice.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts