The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Re: Jockeying for a sticky note post

By reading everybody's posts here, my friend who lives couple blocks from my home had a kit over a year. he drives a 6.0 double cab dually 4WD truck and this is what he has been doing then. He goes twice a week to 4 different Burger Kings and Mc Donnalds locations, and he picks the oil from them. Then het got a 50 gal kit from a web site:
http://www.homebiodieselkits.com
It brought my attention, his truck is doing mid 19's and believe me the sound trotle at iddle is very smooth, althought his truck is highly modified in mods.
I've been researching this BD kits for months, still not yet decided which kit to get. Does anybody knows a realible kit online? where did you get yours? Now everybody in my family wants to get a diesel truck or a VW TDI vehicle.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts

I havent seen it, but what are the byproducts of making Bio D?

·
Registered
69 Posts

glycerine is a by -product

·
Registered
1 Posts
anybody tried the "Diesel Secret energy" product? the "Wife" wants other opinions from the forum, before i look deeper into the stuff.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Biodiesel engine wear

I've been researching to find as many answers as possible to decide which way to go on fuel. My concern has been lubricity and engine wear. The most extensive trials that I came across concerned palm oil.

Palm Oil as a Fuel for Agricultural Diesel Engines

There was a noticeable effect on the rings. Has anyone come up with info like this on other alternatives? How about Tall Oil? It's cheap.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
anybody tried the "Diesel Secret energy" product? the "Wife" wants other opinions from the forum, before i look deeper into the stuff.
Save yourself a lot of money and grief and stay away from it.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I've been researching to find as many answers as possible to decide which way to go on fuel. My concern has been lubricity and engine wear. The most extensive trials that I came across concerned palm oil.

Palm Oil as a Fuel for Agricultural Diesel Engines

There was a noticeable effect on the rings. Has anyone come up with info like this on other alternatives? How about Tall Oil? It's cheap.
Tall oil will require some modifications to the transesterfication process to be turned into biodiesel, but it can be done.

The NRL and DOE did many studies on biodiesel. One that sticks in my mind is that a 1% addition of biodiesel to ULSD increased the lubricity of the fuel by 65%, so it's a good thing in any book.

Millions of miles and hours have been done in testing biodiesel in engines. With a higher cetane rating than ULSD, diesels will run quieter. While there won't be enough oil (until someone really gets going with algae) for all the diesel needs of say North America, it is a step in the right direction for renewable energy.

I make my biodiesel from waste veggie oil that would otherwise be going into dog food or the dump. The glycerin by product is turned into some of the best soap you've ever used.

·
Registered
12 Posts
biodiesel

biodiesel
running biodiesel in my truck

i have 1989 ford 7.3 idi all stock diesel
any thing i need to do to run biodiesel and what tipe of biodiesel should i use

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
+1 to John's post. Very good site.