The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of where I can get any type of biodiesel in the Houston area?? I have done some searching online but have not beenable to come up with anything. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know of where I can get any type of biodiesel in the Houston area?? I have done some searching online but have not beenable to come up with anything. Thanks for the help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you look here? Biodiesel.org pump finder

Duncan

·
Registered
380 Posts
Last time I checked myself; there was a guy in Texas City. It wasn't a just pull up pump and go type pump (as with alot of biodiesel). You must call ahead to make arrangements. I found this on biodiesel.org whether it's still there or not. Things may have changed.

-Randy

·
Registered
187 Posts
Call Chris Powers at Houston Biodiesel
281-443-9009. They are located out by
Houston Intercontential Airport. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/warmsmile.gif

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey thanks alot for the info there guy's!!!! I will check out both of those leads.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I called Houston Biodiesel and they are $2.50 a gallon!!!!!!!!!!! I am trying to save money by running biodiesel.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I called Houston Biodiesel and they are $2.50 a gallon!!!!!!!!!!! I am trying to save money by running biodiesel.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the only reason you want to run biodiesel is to save money, then you're not going to find joy at this point in time (unless you're making your own, of course.) Someday, maybe, it will be cheaper, but that day is not here yet. I always hoped it would get cheaper as more people used it, now it looks like it may get "cheaper" only because it isn't going up nearly as fast as petrodiesel.

There are lots of other reasons to buy biodiesel though, not the least of which is that as more pioneers sacrifice a little cash to make a point by seeking it out and buying it, it will get the ball rolling faster for the eventual price drop from volume for all of us.

If you can get road-taxed B100 for $2.50 a gallon, I would jump on it. I paid $4 a gallon last time I bought 55 gallons of it.

Duncan

·
Registered
66 Posts
Frobozz,

Do you have a source for B100 in the chicagoland area? I fill up regularly at the Bell Fuel station in Bensenville, but that's only B20. My last fill was $2.73, which is cheaper than the diesel station up the block from me ($2.84 for #2!).

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If the only reason you want to run biodiesel is to save money, then you're not going to find joy at this point in time (unless you're making your own, of course.) Someday, maybe, it will be cheaper, but that day is not here yet. I always hoped it would get cheaper as more people used it, now it looks like it may get "cheaper" only because it isn't going up nearly as fast as petrodiesel.

There are lots of other reasons to buy biodiesel though, not the least of which is that as more pioneers sacrifice a little cash to make a point by seeking it out and buying it, it will get the ball rolling faster for the eventual price drop from volume for all of us.

If you can get road-taxed B100 for $2.50 a gallon, I would jump on it. I paid $4 a gallon last time I bought 55 gallons of it.

Duncan

[/ QUOTE ]

Saving money is a big reason I want to use biodiesel but not the only one. I would love to see biodiesel become the norm for all diesel engines so we won't be supporting the "You know who's" over in the middle east. It would be great to keep the money here in the good ole' USA and be paying people here to make this stuff. By the way $2.50 for B95 is not looking all that bad after all, prices around here are jumping upwards of $2.55+.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Frobozz,

Do you have a source for B100 in the chicagoland area? I fill up regularly at the Bell Fuel station in Bensenville, but that's only B20. My last fill was $2.73, which is cheaper than the diesel station up the block from me ($2.84 for #2!).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm buying mine by dragging a drum down to ConservFS in Wauconda (which is fairly close to me, in Grayslake.) I filled up at the place in Bensenville a couple of times, but it took me a couple of gallons just to get there and back, which seemed to defeat the purpose! (and don't we all long for the prices back then, when it was an annoying 20 cents a gallon higher than petrodiesel:

My first fillup )

The Wauconda ConservFS contact info is listed on the biodiesel.org site. They do not have a pump for filling your tank. They would be more than happy to put a big tank on-site and come fill it up for you, but that's not going to go over so well on my .2 acre lot in a subdivision... They continue to humor me by filling up my barrel (and charging me a lot of money!) but I get the impression it's more trouble than it's worth for them at this point. I would be interested to hear if anyone else is successful in buying B100 from them. Maybe if enough people do it, they'll streamline the process and get behind it a little more.

Duncan

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Domt know why you would post this in a 13 year old thread.
And I think you're required to put a price in for sale ads.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,596 Posts
Along with posting it in the classifieds.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts