The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have my same 7.3 with 6spd that is in my sig. Friend is looking for a 7.3 or 6.0. He wants to stay away from current emissions and cost. I know the 6.0s are faster. But, is bullet proofing truly an answer? Does it work and truly become reliable or is it best to stay away from it? Thanks.

·
Registered
701 Posts
It seems from people I know that have had a 6.0, it depends. Some have had greate experiences with bullet proofing, while others not so much. It may depend on WHO does the work.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'd say the 6.0 would be reliable if it gets a "true" bulletproofing. Not just doing an EGR delete and small stuff. Talking deleting EGR, head studs, oil cooler fix (can't remember all that entails), and probably getting rid of VGT or at least getting a new KC unit or something more reliable.

But, 7.3's are still the OG. For the money of bulletproofing a 6.0, you can add AC injectors, a 63/68 turbo, hpop, 4" exhaust, S&B air intake, hydra w/ tunes, bellowed up pipes, and trans mods and it will feel like you double the power of a stock 7.3.

·
Registered
617 Posts
7.3s are getting pretty long in the tooth. its hard to find a pristine body and interior. 6.0s not much better. As long as your friend buys an EGR deleted truck that hasn't been chipped he'll likely be good. Studding is nice to have but far from essential on a stock HP truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts