The Diesel Stop banner

241 - 252 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's been 1 1/2 yrs. since my original post and my Dk Blue CPS is working great.

This thread help me out then so good to see it's still active.

My truck still gets 17-19mpg I added 4" exhaust and cold air intake which added a couple mpg from my original 17mpg. I do need to get a backup CPS, just checked the Motorcraft Dk Blue is about $24-$30 shipped on EBay.F4TZ12K073-C

good luck to all,
Mike

·
Registered
84 Posts
hey guys, just wondering if anyone else has gotten the new F4TZ12K073-C, the are a silver bracket and black body, I have checked it with a color correct sunbeam by 3M, it is DEFF coal black

just replaced my original gold bracket, black body CPS and it deff is running smoother now, was just curious about this new style over the deep blue ones and how it stacked up

·
Premium Member
3,874 Posts
hey guys, just wondering if anyone else has gotten the new F4TZ12K073-C, the are a silver bracket and black body, I have checked it with a color correct sunbeam by 3M, it is DEFF coal black

just replaced my original gold bracket, black body CPS and it deff is running smoother now, was just curious about this new style over the deep blue ones and how it stacked up
What did you do with the old Black one?

The one you just installed sounds like the Dark Blue made for 1997 & earlier but which work well in all the 7.3's:

http://www.riffraffdiesel.com/motorcraft-cam-position-sensor-cps-94-03/

·
Premium Member
14,443 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
-= Thread Resurrection =-

My 2000 7.3L SD has been stumbling the last few days. What has been on the truck since 2004 is a grey (F7TZ-12K073-B). A dealership put that on after whatever was on it (probably a black) failed.

I have a black (F7TZ-12K073-A) that has been in my glove box since 2004 (after the above mentioned failure) and I have a dark blue (F4TZ-12K073-C) that the "Amazon Fairy" brought me today.

Which of the two spares should I use, black or, dark blue?

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
-= Thread Resurrection =-

My 2000 7.3L SD has been stumbling the last few days. What has been on the truck since 2004 is a grey (F7TZ-12K073-B). A dealership put that on after whatever was on it (probably a black) failed.

I have a black (F7TZ-12K073-A) that has been in my glove box since 2004 (after the above mentioned failure) and I have a dark blue (F4TZ-12K073-C) that the "Amazon Fairy" brought me today.

Which of the two spares should I use, black or, dark blue?
I still run the black CPS in mine. Having spares keeps my CPS error free.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,874 Posts
The concern with leaving the black as a spare is that it bounces around in the glove box and goes thru hot/cold cycles where it degrades.

Why not install the black and get the benefits from it?

It may last as long as your truck.

·
Premium Member
3,874 Posts
I've got a Black one for somebody if they need it
Boy that is a great offer for someone.

They bring about $80-$90 on Ebay when you can find them and they are getti g harder to find.

241 - 252 of 252 Posts