The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my overdrive light is blinking and it is making the transmission shift bad and wont hrdly go in to overdrive. i just hope the tranny isnt shot! anybody got any ideas?? please help!! oh yeah i got a 99 f250 7.3l powerstroke

· Super Moderator
9,142 Posts
I have an idea! Get Forscan (at www.forscan.org) and read the codes that are stored in the computer's memory. Then we will know how to direct you to what's wrong. With the information you have now, all I can tell you is that something is wrong.

Reactions: Oneof6

· Registered
2001 F-350 CC 7.3 PSD
52 Posts
my overdrive light is blinking and it is making the transmission shift bad and wont hrdly go in to overdrive. i just hope the tranny isnt shot! anybody got any ideas?? please help!! oh yeah i got a 99 f250 7.3l powerstroke
Welcome to the site! There are decades worth of information here, and this is a problem other owners have experienced. I suggest reading these threads (among others):

Overdrive light constantly blinking

Overdrive light Blinking

Overdrive light is flashing

Blinking Overdrive Light. Shifting Hard

As Mark suggests, Forscan + a compatible bluetooth OBD II reader is the best option. The threads above suggest some other possible options to investigate as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts