The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blew my engine in VT, I am under warranty. My truck has 9 2k on it... with the new engine it does not extend my warranty so I have apx 7k left. The repair would of have been a staggering 17k if I were nor covered. I am concerned that this will happen again past my 100k. .. which I could not afford out of pocket. I have a 2012 f350 6.7... dealer did not know if they had resolved the issues in the new engines... your thoughts please.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Blew my engine in VT, I am under warranty. My truck has 9 2k on it... with the new engine it does not extend my warranty so I have apx 7k left. The repair would of have been a staggering 17k if I were nor covered. I am concerned that this will happen again past my 100k. .. which I could not afford out of pocket. I have a 2012 f350 6.7... dealer did not know if they had resolved the issues in the new engines... your thoughts please.
The early 6.7's had valve seat issues, which destroyed some engines. Your replacement will not have the problematic seats, or the two piece valves. You should be good to go.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Really 17k... that ridiculous. I've found used 6.7's for 7k. There replacing the whole engine?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Really....? your going to compare a reman with a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty to a junkyard engine with a 30,60,90 day warranty....?
Might want to reread his post then. 7k left of warranty coverage there chief.

·
Registered
352 Posts
oh I totally under stood his post. I didn't under stand yours. what does a $7k junk yard 6.7L have anything to do with a 17k engine job that ford is picking the tab up for...? but then again it still wont have the 2 year warr since it was installed under warranty.

·
Registered
144 Posts
oh I totally under stood his post. I didn't under stand yours. what does a $7k junk yard 6.7L have anything to do with a 17k engine job that ford is picking the tab up for...? but then again it still wont have the 2 year warr since it was installed under warranty.
Not trying to get into a heated debate just think its a pretty big price tag for a re-manufactured engine with only a 2 year warranty if replaced outside of a 100k. But then again Ford likes to charge you top dollar for most parts and labor at least around here they do.

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
Not trying to get into a heated debate just think its a pretty big price tag for a re-manufactured engine with only a 2 year warranty if replaced outside of a 100k. But then again Ford likes to charge you top dollar for most parts and labor at least around here they do.
Get quotes for Dmax and Cummins engine assemblies before you assume the 6.7 is above market price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts