The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here’s the story,

I was driving the other day and the fan clutch kicked on. Started to lose power.Drove another 5 minutes to make it home. My gauge was fine, did not show that I was overheating? Waited for the truck to cool down so I can check the coolant reservoir and it was empty. This morning I went to get some 50/50, it took 2 bottles and I added another gallon of water. Drove around the neighborhood so it can flow through. Drove the truck again late and everything felt fine, no misfire, no bad sounds, drove good, I punched the gas and out comes a lot of white smoke out the exhaust pipe, but when I drove slo, nothing came out, I punched it again and clouds of white smoke came out again. Parked it at home, and checked my coolant reservoir and it is now empty again ! Checked my dip stick and the oil was real thick and nasty, also took my oil cap off and there was that substance on it that look like some nasty snot.

so is it a blown head gasket or do I need to replace my timing cover. I was told head gasket and I was also told it was the timing cover ? Which is it ???

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts