The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. This question has probably been beat to hell and back but I need to ask..... I have a '12 F250 FX4 with 111k miles and I just did the dreaded body bushing change this past weekend. I went with the Daystars as that was the only thing available at the time. I read the negative reviews and still got them anyway, Stupid me. Anyway, now I have excessive road noise and vibration and I feel every crack in the road. I am wondering if changing the shocks will help to smooth out the ride and get me back to loving the smooth ride of the truck as it was before. This truck is 2nd hand and I have no idea if previous owner ever changed the shocks. It has Ranchos now but wondering if I should go with Bilstein 4600s or go back with Ranchos....or if this will even help.
The truck is my daily driver and use it to pull a bay boat and occasionally my utility trailer (not at same time).
Thanks for your input. Sorry if this question is repetitious.

Mike

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Tire pressure is the key to a smooth ride. Do a search lots of posts on the topic.
DENNY

·
Registered
865 Posts
I would recommend Bilstein 5100 shocks. I’ve got them on this truck & I had them on my last truck as well. Many here will agree with me that these are great shocks. Now, I don’t know if they will help with the ride issues that you observed after changing your cab mount bushings. It just sounds to me like you are due to change your shocks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts