The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this bolt a 1 time use or TTY? I cant find it on-line for ford OE parts. I prefer OE because my luck , I'd get an aftermarket, & break it at the 210lb torque requirement.

·
Super Moderator
25,354 Posts
The service manual doesn't say anything about using a new bolt. I've reused mine at least once.
I don't think you'll have a problem reusing your original bolt.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Replacing the crankshaft vibration damper and pulley bolt DOES NOT require replacement. Remember to apply silicone sealant to the keyway slot and torque the bolt to 212 lb/ft.

·
Premium Member
14,609 Posts
It is not a torque to yield bolt. It should last your lifetime and that of your kids and grandkids and so on. It is an M16x60 bolt with International part number 934738R1 or Ford F4TZ26A340A. Here's one source - Crankshaft Damper Bolt 94-03 7.3L

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank you all! I feel much better, & "yes" I did the silicone keyway, ford_doctor.(thank you) I as doing much reading thru search function & thats where I thought someone mentioned manual says replace that bolt, it's a tty. Then it got me wondering. Now I just need to find a big ars torque wrench. I was using a 3' pipe on my 1/2" breaker bar, & have no clue how tight I am.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts