The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd let everyone know that I finally bought a Super-Duty. The local dealer Bostic Ford had one on the lot exactly like I wanted. I traded in my good old reliable 1997 F-250 for it tonight. It has all the bells and whistles, F-350 Crew-Cab Dually Lariat 4x4 6-Speed Manual Black with Tan stripe and interior. I was really interested in an XLT trim, but my wife loved the Lariat (and we have yet to see another even close to what I wanted). What better way to break it in than driving to the Natural Bridge Rally this weekend?

Believe it or not, this is the first Super-Duty I had even rode in (let alone driven). I wasn't real impressed with the power, I think my Banks Stage II 1997 would outrun it. However, the interior is much nicer, the engine is much quieter, and the premium stereo rocks! The 6-speed will take some getting used to as far as finding reverse and starting out in 1st instead of 2nd. We plan on adding some accessories soon and hope to have a few installed in time for the Rally. I'll post pictures later on this week.

Now I know why everyone loves their Super-Duty's so much. (Oh, and no fuel cackle!)

Jason

------------------
Ford-Diesel.Com Webmaster
2000 F-350CC Dually Lariat 6-speed 4x4

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Jason,

Congrats!

Hope you love it as much as I love mine.

Mike

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Good thing you didn't buy the Dodge

Congratulations

·
Registered
173 Posts
Jason,

Why are you going to be starting out in 1st ?My 2WD has a 373 and it don't really mind if I start in 3rd. It's about time you went and got one of those trucks everyone else is talking about. Now all you need to do is start asking those repetative questions that the "new" owners are always asking on your boards. What does cackle sound like ? How do I change my oil ? Is synthetic better ? Why does my front end squeak ? Why is it rusty underneath ? ect...

------------------
Do pilots take "crash courses"

·
Registered
597 Posts
Congrats Jason!!!!! Glad to see that you've joined the ranks of the 'haves'.

btw, my "cackle" didn't show up until about 1500 miles or so and real intermittant; usually at idle or 1200-1500 rpm and usually only occasionally (ie, a couple of seconds and it's gone again).

Hope you enjoy driving yours as much as I enjoy driving mine.

------------------
00 250 SD SC 4x4 PSD auto, Bright Amber
AHSA, USDF, RMDS, USPSA (Life), NRA, EPCSO Volunteer

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
best of luck to you and your`s may you be problem free and the wind behind you at all times.

------------------
STEPHEN 350 4X4 SILVER XLT TINTED WINDOWS AUTO BURLWOOD DASH FORD BED LINER BANKS AIR FILTER POWER/PKG COMP/TEMP MIRROR PINSTRIPED SPOT LIGHT LUND/VISER BFG 295`S Fisher plow my truck

·
Registered
197 Posts
Congrats Jason, should be a nice weekend to break it in. See you at the rally! Find anything to tow with it yet?

------------------
99.5 F350 4X4 PSD S/C LB Auto LARIAT AMBER MET B.H.A. Chip is next!

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
Jason,

You don't just suppose that your Dealer read this board awhile back when you made a suggestion that you might be looking for a new rig and .........just happened to order one and have it on the lot when you arrived.
Sounds kind of fishy to me!! Congrats and good luck.

Dick

------------------
Ford-Diesel.Com Photo Editor
June '97 Reg Cab F350 XLT 4x4 SRW Loaded /CD

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
We need to replace pictures 1,2,&3 with that new beauty!! Send'em up and I'll take care of it or I suppose you have access and can do it yourself!!
Maybe it hasn't been parked long enough to get a still shot!!

------------------
Ford-Diesel.Com Photo Editor
June '97 Reg Cab F350 XLT 4x4 SRW Loaded /CD

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Jason have you managed to wipe that ear to ear grin and and quit saying hotdang YET!!
. I doubt you have
I rember the feeling well.

Congratulations and enjoy.

May it also be problem free.

s and the best,

Ed

------------------
Early 99-F250SC-PSD-LAR- other goodies.
NRA&TX.ST.RIFLE ASSC.-LIFER-NRA/ILA AND MEMBER-GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA MEMBER-I DO VOTE!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts