The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok since knowones here lets start a bragging rights competition

where have you brought your diesel? most extreme place youve been and howd you get there?

mine is a spot on a construction site where they were dumping over a bank went down and back up a 40ft hill at about 50 degree slope with dirt rocks mud tree limbs and all

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts
Moab, Utah on some pretty extreme trails. The lockers come in handy.

Going there again next week. Will try to post some pictures.

·
Premium Member
8,862 Posts
3 months after I bought my truck I was hunting in Utah. Went up Wild Cat Canyon near Emery got on top and chained up all 4 tires. By the time I came out on Skyline Drive after going across the Muddy I was pushing 3 feet of snow. If you are from the area you know about the Muddy. Everybody on top just watched since I was the first one through it. After talking to a Forest Service employee and told him where I had been he just shook his head and walked away mumbling to himself.

By the way the first few braggers won't have a chance by the time this thread ends.

Jim

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive seen my dads old truck do this not mine ( i was in it at the time) we had 5 ft of snow it went up to his window on the cab he shoveled out to the door warmed it up for 15 min and then drove to work dropped me off for snowboarding on a local hill that was an 96 psd extcab 10 ft bed 250 id do the same but no snow since i bought the truck :(

·
Registered
519 Posts
88 beast, this is off topic, but have you ever thought of putting some punctuation in your posts, its very hard to understand what you are talking about with no commas, periods, or anything.

On topic, we have pulled our 12k travel trailer through south central texas black land, up quite a steep slope. maybe 10percent grade, still steep for slippery mudd. and yes i know, its not all that extreme, but it counts lol.

kevin

·
Registered
19 Posts
went hunting this summer and had to cross a river. The water was up to my windows. I have a 8" lift with 38" baja claws so, it was really deep, but I had to get my deer and couldnt find a spot to cross.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I took mine in a parking garage once, okay, twice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got into some thick, sticky mud in Western Missouri back in September, made the mistake of letting the girlfriend take my F250 CC SB into mud up to the doors. she backed off of the dirt road into a creek w/ my 6" lift and 33" Trail Cutters (which do NOT cut trails, lesson learned) and couldn't get it out, after 3 hours of playing in the creekbed with a shovel and some railroad ties I finally got it back onto the road...didn't bother to get pictures of that fun day.

·
Registered
67 Posts
most extreme thing my truck has done... The-Washer- other than scraping a couple of parking garages...... down in florida for spring break and passed a semi loaded with wood buried over half way up the tires. turned around and asked them if they needed help and the first response i get is "we aint payin" lol so i told them i just wanted to try it so state troopers blocked the two lane strip and the workers hooked it up. i dropped it into 4 low and gassed it, the tires spun for a second them gripped and jerked the 18 wheeler right out. i was stunned when the driver came to me and said the load alone was estimated at 12000 pounds... pretty cool i thought

·
Registered
338 Posts
mud hole in Ponchatoula, La.

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
i made it through the first time, 1st picture. 2nd time(2nd pic) i wasnt so lucky

·
Registered
354 Posts
my f250 pulls my tahoe to locations to do this

PUSH DAT FORD lol

·
Registered
511 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
been to badlands off road park in indiana, haspin acres in indiana, tellico in north carolina and raush creek here in pa.

all ORV parks. plus lots of little places around also. and since pics were requested... here.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
pushed my 88 f250 long bed super cab pretty hard top get it up coys hill in mass, I coulodnt help my self no better way to iritate jeepers than to take a full size with running boards where they say it will never make it. FYI running boards do not make good rock sliders.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
815 Posts
I once tried to take 86 f250 through a hole that just 2 days prior a blazer on 52 had totaly wrecked. Of course i did not know this at the time so I just backed up about 40 feet grabbed second and nailed it!! Well I only made it about 10 feet into a thirty foot hole. Of cousre it didnt help I had a cord of wood on the back. But hey it only took 3 hrs and a hi lift jack andmy buddy stock blazer to get me out. Then everybody wanted to kill me cux I wanted to try it again. Only this time with out the cord of wood. The week after that I completed the whole trail in 2 hi and amazed everybody .I just love my ol girl. shes a beast

1 - 19 of 19 Posts