The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned a 2001 F250, 4x4, Auto, 7.3 since new. 133,000 trouble free miles. I have a 3,000# + camper, and also tow a 7000 # loaded car trailer (with electric brakes on both axles). Truck does it all well. I have air bags, and camper springs. Still get some sway but manageable,

No accidents/incidents in 15 + years, but I would like to improve braking

- Exhaust Brake a good change? I have a DP tuner chip with the waist gate setting. Big improvement, but imagine an exhaust brake a big change. Manufacturers?

- Brake Upgrades? Are 350 rotors bigger? Any aftermarket parts work the change?

Considered a new truck solely for better brake control. Realize my 7.3 is worth keeping, so spending money on brakes is money well spent.

Thanks for your input.

·
Super Moderator
26,504 Posts
F350 rotors are the SAME as what you already have. Some swear by aftermarket brakes, and some swear at them.

I have no experience with exhaust brakes, but probably the only real benefit is to keep you from burning up your service brakes on a long downhill.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Like it's been said in your other 2 threads, try upgrading to the powerstop rotor with powerstop,hawks or Napa premium (not sure that one, suggested by dieselNick in your other threads) pads

You can also keep the stock rotor and try other pads (soft, hard, premium,...)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts