The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, this is my first time on this site. I have a 2000 F350 7.3 and i changed the oil 2 weeks ago and i think i went over by about 1 quart. Today after i turned the truck off, i checked the dipstick and saw a few small bubbles. Mayne half an inch of bubbles tall. Im just wondering if i should be worried. I checked the oil in the days after changing it and never saw any bubbles. What could be other causes of this?

·
Premium Member
15,215 Posts
Which oil did you use? Any additives? A good diesel oil will have anti foaming additives. Had a friend put Rislone in his truck once. He didn’t make it out of his driveway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
The oil is fine you just used too much and the crank is causing some foaming. Suck or drain out a quart or two until you are below the full mark and that should solve the problem.
DENNY

·
Premium Member
15,215 Posts
You'd think it would take more than a quart to go into the crank. A full pan is below the level of the oil dipstick adapter by a couple inches. I'd guess it would take a couple extra gallons to get it up to the crankshaft.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The oil level is actually half way up the hashes on the dipstick and i still see bubbles after turning the truck off. No bubbles when truck is cold. Very few, very small bubbles, should i be worried at all?

·
Premium Member
15,215 Posts
If it's running ok, I wouldn't be concerned. About the only place the oil can get aerated is from a leak in the pickup tube. You'll notice when it gets bad enough to be worried because the high-pressure oil pump won't be able to compress aerated oil enough to fire the injectors.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will the leak in the tube lead to HPOP issues? And is it something i should fix sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Dont worry
DENNY

·
Super Moderator
26,664 Posts
Will the leak in the tube lead to HPOP issues? And is it something i should fix sooner rather than later.
If you're worried about it damaging the HPOP, it won't. It will just run like crap. The check for pickup tube issues is to overfill the pan and jack up the rear of the truck to submerge the pickup tube to see if it clears up. If the pickup tube is cracked, the oil pan has to come off, which means the engine should come out to reseal it properly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts