The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm no computer expert, so this may be something I'm doing wrong, but every time I go to Ford-Diesel.com, while the the page is loading, which takes quite a while, I get the message that my connection has been interupted and I have to reconnect. After I reconnect I no longer have the problem. This only happens at this web site. Not really a complaint, just thought you should know.

------------------
99 F250 SD XLT SC - tow 34' Jayco 5th Wheel

·
Registered
55 Posts
Pitpass,
The website has nothing to do with you being disconnected. I work for the largest Internet Provider in the World and the most likely thing to drop your connection is your own settings (ie timeout, or idle setting). If its not that maybe you made some one at your ISP mad and they just wait for you to connect so they can boot you off. If the problem persists call your ISP!

------------------
99.5 F-250 CC SRW SWB Bright Red, LineX Bed Liner, Extang Bed Cover, Stainless Steel Nerf Bars, Skyjacker 4" Lift, Rancho RS 9000s, 35X14.50x16.5 Super Swamper SSRs on Eagle 16.5x9.75 Wheels, Kicker Subs and Rockford Fosgate Amplifier.
Don't know what I like the sound of best the sound of my tires or the rattlin' from the hood

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mr_DCI,

Thanks, makes sense, since I posted that I have had it bump me on other pages, ISP just gave me new dial up number, that's when this started, I'll call them, thanks for the advice, I'm a rookie at computers and diesels, good thing I found this web page!

------------------
99 F250 SD XLT SC - tow 34' Jayco 5th Wheel

·
Registered
44 Posts
It may be a timeout or it may be you or it may be your ISP. I would check the modem/modem drivers/modem settings first. If you know what modem you have go to their site and check for an updated driver, that is the first thing I would check. This may help your speed out and give you better overall performance. If you do not know WHO made your modem, but you have a Gateway, Compaq or Dell, check their site. ISP’s get a lot of the blame and sometimes they do disconnect you, but I would check your PC/Modem first. As an example, I purchased a Compaq last year, it came with a V.90 modem, my ISP was V.90 but my performance was really bad. I went to the Compaq site and there were MANY, MANY complaints about this, their answers were weak. I switched back to my old modem and worked with that. 2 months later some guy who was not a Compaq employee came up with a modem driver that worked. I have had no problems since. It was my problem, not my ISP’s.
I hope this helps.

-Kmart Shopper

------------------
Clean up on Isle 15!!!

[This message has been edited by Kmart Shopper (edited 07-26-1999).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts