The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 100k is buying a stock 6.4 a huge gamble? I've been doing my research so I know all about the problems, I found s few trucks I want to look at but are all stock with over 100k, one is a 2010 stock with 124k, is that near the end of its life? Or just ready for lots of engine work? I would be deleting it as soon as I got it
Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 2010 with 150k trouble free miles on the engine. Full DPF delete and turbo back exhaust. Only problems I have encountered are interior cabin issues and electrical gremlins with the trailer wiring harness. Other than that, much more trouble free than my 99 7.3 I owned previously. Should I knock on wood?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2010 with 150k trouble free miles on the engine. Full DPF delete and turbo back exhaust. Only problems I have encountered are interior cabin issues and electrical gremlins with the trailer wiring harness. Other than that, much more trouble free than my 99 7.3 I owned previously. Should I knock on wood?

How long has it been deleted though? Would deleting at 124k be too late? Or would it still benefit the engine?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've had it deleted since around 85k. My dpf filter was clogged and needed replacing so I bit the bullet and yanked it. A friend of mine did his delete at 120 and now has around 200. No issues that I know of. His is an 09.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had it deleted since around 85k. My dpf filter was clogged and needed replacing so I bit the bullet and yanked it. A friend of mine did his delete at 120 and now has around 200. No issues that I know of. His is an 09.

I found a truck that I really like, black ccsb lariat, it's lifted 4in I believe could be wrong but I like it, only thing is it has 124k not deleted which I am kinda consented about but I would tune as soon as I got it, tons of service records for it so I know it was probably taken car of, gonna have a mechanic look at it, in just afraid it won't pass inspection here in mass due to the height (trucks not from mass)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would think that as long as all of the scheduled maintenance was completed and you have records of oil changes, fuel filter changes, etc. you shouldn't have a problem. Do you know if there was any major warranty work done to it? When I bought mine I had a friend who is a service writer at a local Ford dealer run the vin and check for everything that was done through Ford service. The prev owner took really good care of it and I've had no problems since I purchased it at 50k miles.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would think that as long as all of the scheduled maintenance was completed and you have records of oil changes, fuel filter changes, etc. you shouldn't have a problem. Do you know if there was any major warranty work done to it? When I bought mine I had a friend who is a service writer at a local Ford dealer run the vin and check for everything that was done through Ford service. The prev owner took really good care of it and I've had no problems since I purchased it at 50k miles.

I have go look and see about the warranty work, but I also have to figure out how to get it to pass inspection due to the lift, no way it'll pass I could be wrong

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Well went and looked at the truck this morning... Truck looks awsome i really like the black, the lift and stance makes it look sweet, but a little too much lift for me, in my way back home I stopped by and looked at a 08 f250 fully deleted with 80k miles, I think I'm back into looking at that one

Edit* anyone know if a truck with a 6in lift will pass mass inspection? Keep getting different info and answers online, not really sure how to get a correct answer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts