The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...back after a while absence...

I am in immediate need of a real Super Duty Truck....I am looking for a F-550 CrewCab 4x4 PSD Auto with a 200"WB. Really don't have the time to wait many weeks for a custom build truck. Was wondering if any of you had suggestions as to options that are must have's in it.

Here's what I found so far XL trim level, pwr packs A/C, PTO, plow packs, etc. Would really love some of the XLT features like alloy wheels and rear tinted glass...but really do like the Vinyl interior rather than cloth...going to use it as a work truck during week and for some recreational use on weekends.

Dealers are saying I can buy the in stock truck for invoice less rebates totalling $4K so purchase price just over $41K...how this sound?

Anyone know of a huge stocking dealer on East Coast?

Thanks for any suggestions....advice etc.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Call Allegheny Ford, in Pittsburgh. If they don't already have one, they'll find you one. (412)481-9600

·
Registered
38 Posts
Call Faulkner-Ciocca Ford in Quakertown,Pa.215-536-8600 Lots of commercial trucks in stock or will find one at their other dealerships.

·
Super Moderator
18,870 Posts
Great White Northeast, and East Coast, doesn't tie your whereabouts down very good.

So get the yellow pages from the nearest bigger city and see if there are any Ford Truck (only) dealers. Portland, Portsmouth, Boston, Providence and Hartford - that size city. Then look up that dealer on the web and see if their website includes in-stock inventory of "commercial trucks", including F-550s. Then call that dealer and ask if there is a truck-only Ford dealer nearer to you. Anyhoo, call a nearby truck-only dealer and ask if they have any F-550s in stock with XLT trim, diesel engine, and whatever else you can't live without. If they say no, ask them to do a "dealer search" of the Ford dealers in New England to try to find you a truck to buy. Of course, if they find it, you'd be obligated to try to buy it from them.

One huge Ford truck-only dealership is Heintzelman's Ford
2424 N John Young Pkwy
Orlando, FL 32804
(407) 298-1000
http://www.truckstruckstrucks.com

That's East Coast, but not exactly the Great White Northeast. They have lesser vehicles in their on-line inventory, but I can't get it to work for F-550s. So if you can't find a similar dealer near you, then call Heintzelman's. they probably have what you want. And if they do, you need a trip to Disney World anyway.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the tips on dealers guys...still the real issue is for the most part most of their websites "suck" don't even show 550 inventory and if they do very little info on equipment on the trucks. Really have to call and that's a hassle unless they really have what you want.

FYI I am in the upper Northeast of New England but getting anything on east coast is not that big an issue.

Any suggestions on equipment must haves?

Looks like I have one truck in my sites now...if nothing pops up better I will most likely own it by January 3rd.

Cheers

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts