The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's my issue when I perform an injector buzz test first all 8 buzz ok that's normal but what happens next is not the injectors buzz in pairs a total of 8 times. They start at the front and buzz to the back and then return back to the front. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm currently chasing a couple other unrelated issues and came across this one.

·
Registered
998 Posts
When I do mine, it cycles them one at a time, then all at once. Or maybe its all at once then one at a time. It seems like twice, but not really. What scanner did you use? That seems weird. Maybe your scanner has a different test system??? Not sure what else it can learn with all that, but could be just the way your scanner does it. Seems odd because 99% of scanners do it the same way mine does it.(AE)

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
I use AE and it buzz all the injector at once and after it buzz each one individually by order ( 1,23,4,5,6,7,8)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used both AE and the Ford Rotunda software both did the same thing. The injectors pass but it comes back with a P1668 code for IDM/PCM communication error

1 - 4 of 4 Posts