The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be doing a BP oil cooler and EGR cooler upgrade next week and was wondering about the bypass oil filter option. BP includes a 1/4 inch plug to fill the port on their cooler. This port can be used for the bypass filtration or temps pressures etc. Since it will be close to impossible to put the 90 degree fitting into the cooler after the install is done without removing the condenser again I was thinking about installing a 90 degree fitting and hooking up a length of hose over to the passenger side. I would just plug the hose for now until I do the bypass filter in the future. My question is really about what hose material should I use. My first thought is hydraulic hose based on the hoses the BP uses for their kit but wanted to see what others are using.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Braided stainless, or the newer black covered AN style hose would work, as its used on oil systems all the time. Just about any adapter you can think of can be had to go from NPT to AN as well. You could go from 1/4" NPT male to -6 AN (3/8") male, and simply use a 90 degree -6 barb to -6 female on a short length of hose.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts