The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. New here! But i really need some help. I've got a 1986 ford f250 6.9 xlt with an automatic c6 transmission. We got the truck about 3 years ago with a broken transmission. So we get that rebuilt an it lasts us about a year. Then we start having more problems. That ransmission burnt out and wouldnt go into drive. Reverse would work fine but it wouldnt drive. We then get another transmission from autozone and had it installed by mechanic and helped with the install. Ran great. But this one after a day wouldnt go into drive. So we were told to return it. Thats what we did. Got a new one and installed it again. Did the exact same thing. I later did much needed research (im fairly new into diesels) and saw it didnt have a vrv valve on the injector pump. Got it (we own many old ford diesels) and installed it and it drove amazing for one day. Now if you put it in drive it will not take off. Oil doesnt smell pump works great but i have no idea what it is. So any help would be greatly appriciated!!

·
Super Moderator
12,019 Posts
How do you know the pump works great? What are the pressures at idle in every position, and at stall in R, D, 2, and 1?

Is it a 4x4? If so, the problem could also be in the transfer case.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Check this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts