The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was much easier than I thought it would be. Wanting to do the full bulletproofing so decided it's much easier to do with cab off. plan on replacing clutch and fixing rear main leak while I'm in there,

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Car Auto part

·
Premium Member
15,209 Posts
What? No big trees around your property? ;)

·
Registered
627 Posts
Thinking outside the box.
First thing I would do is put a floor in that barn then I would install a lift. Man I sure wish I had room for a lift.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I've done a couple of cab lifts on F150s and I've got a lift on my 250 in the immediate future - its got a bad exhaust whistle which I believe is in the y-pipe on the hot side of the turbo. The thing about lifting the cab is that the thought of lifting it is significantly worse than the actual lift. The first time I did one I was getting ready to pull the engine out through the hood but I got to a point where I said to myself "Self, you've pretty well got everything done that's necessary to do a cab lift and once you lift that cab the rest of this is going to be dead simple" Spent some time this morning reviewing Youtubes to see what the major differences between F150 and F250 lifts are. Looks like minor wiring differences and a completely different cab mount. On the F150s I take the nuts off underneath and never disturb the carpet but that doesn't appear to be an option on the 250.

Reactions: bismic

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've done a couple of cab lifts on F150s and I've got a lift on my 250 in the immediate future - its got a bad exhaust whistle which I believe is in the y-pipe on the hot side of the turbo. The thing about lifting the cab is that the thought of lifting it is significantly worse than the actual lift. The first time I did one I was getting ready to pull the engine out through the hood but I got to a point where I said to myself "Self, you've pretty well got everything done that's necessary to do a cab lift and once you lift that cab the rest of this is going to be dead simple" Spent some time this morning reviewing Youtubes to see what the major differences between F150 and F250 lifts are. Looks like minor wiring differences and a completely different cab mount. On the F150s I take the nuts off underneath and never disturb the carpet but that doesn't appear to be an option on the 250.
It's not an option so plan on removing the rear seat if you have a crew cab. And like you said; the idea is hard, actually doing it is simple.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thinking outside the box.
First thing I would do is put a floor in that barn then I would install a lift. Man I sure wish I had room for a lift.
You are not going to believe this but I do have a really nice four post lift with hydraulic jacks on either end. But, it's lying disassembled in my barn just waiting for a shop to be built. Repairs to truck couldn't wait that long...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Engine works dead easy when you have no cab. However, found four of eight body mounts seized up, struggling to get them off now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts